Pics of your Gear

Ah, nice. I see some up for about $5 right now, only in black and ACU though. I may have to watch out for one in RG though. At the moment though I am mainly looking to hold one or two thunder b's up front rather than buddy ones on my back. I have one paraclete fb pouch already and it looks like it is about the same size, I just wanted to figure how I was going to carry them before I make the plunge on a couple thunder b's.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Going a bit old school here.  My job is hardly tactical aside from the fact I'm surrounded by ordnance all day long, but people are always asking me what I do and it's sometimes tricky to explain given the specificity of the task, so while I was giving my clothes a wash I though I'd take a snap.

09e244cf-ac88-4f31-872a-ee5773d0ff59_zps

I follow a similar layout of kit (with slightly different stuff of course) when on an exercise, would probably utilise a field jacket if I ever attended the sort of mil-sim that extends over more than a 1 day period.

Wearing one every day certainly taught me the value of them when it comes to outdoor pursuits, amazes me the US still hasn't adopted one (that I know of at least).  The USAF guys we often get on camp just wear fleeces as an outer layer which seems like a poor substitute to me; no water or wind resistance, less camouflage and far fewer pockets.

Unfortunately I finished them all the other day, just an empty tin now, heh.  No aircraft here so no more supplies sadly, that was one of the few things I liked about my job up at Lossiemouth working with the survivial equipment fitters a lot.  Free life-ex sweeties.

All they are is boiled sweet type affairs about the diamater of a 20p piece individually wrapped in plastic, sort of dirty yellow in colour.  No flavouring, just pure calories to survive whatever dire straights you're probably in if you ended up having to eat them for real.  Also come with a little bit of wire bent in such a fashion as to allow the tin to be turned in to a small cooking vessel over a fire (not much room in that survival pack under the ejector seat so they really have to cram it all in there).

• Like 1

Unfortunately I finished them all the other day, just an empty tin now, heh.  No aircraft here so no more supplies sadly, that was one of the few things I liked about my job up at Lossiemouth working with the survivial equipment fitters a lot.  Free life-ex sweeties.

All they are is boiled sweet type affairs about the diamater of a 20p piece individually wrapped in plastic, sort of dirty yellow in colour.  No flavouring, just pure calories to survive whatever dire straights you're probably in if you ended up having to eat them for real.  Also come with a little bit of wire bent in such a fashion as to allow the tin to be turned in to a small cooking vessel over a fire (not much room in that survival pack under the ejector seat so they really have to cram it all in there).

Thanks for the info!

More kit today (oh how I love tearing open boxes with brand new kit).
Got it for a steal from a guy getting out of the game, everything is brand new.

IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg

- NFM Utility Pouch
- NFM TQ Pouch
- BFG M4 Pouches
- 5.56 Magpuls
- NFM Nalgene Pouch (freebie)
- NFM Combat Shirt (pre-GARM old gen.)
- Adhesive IR strips, gonna make some patches I suppose.

Fun to see how IR materials react differently with the flash.
Strips go yellow, flag goes white/blue and the IR tab does *fruitcage*-all.