• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

I have a setup with bungie cord and velcro in one of my SAAV pouches, but thats because I use a tm mk23(not kosher but I just can't get away from it), if you dig around on your SAAV you'll actually find a holster hidden behind some pouches, I'm not home so I can't check but I'm pretty sure its behind the left front pouch, just remember for sidearms we are talking Makarov, a dainty little thing. On my chesty there is a holsert built in, as its a parabat variant.

I know places made canvas and leather belt holsters and they pop up on bidorbuy.co.za every now and again....

As for 32Bn they primarily engaged in clandestine ops and used a wide variety of patterns, I know Rhodies used the belgian pattern and the old brush stroke m56 dennison smocks, no reason to doubt the stuff made its way to SA.

Ahh okay, yea I know that pouch but there is not chance my 6" is fitting in there :) I am planning on getting a M92f as a Z88 and tried the pouch with someones M92 and didn't work, however, I found one of the front right utility pouches hold a shorter pistol (M92) perfectly so may go with that..

I was think British WWII or patt58 canvas holsters but don't know how kosher it would be and also its quite difficult having belt stuff with the M83 as it hangs a little lower

All of the pics I've seen in researching there is such a mish mash of camos, but i have been mainly researching mercenaries... some official 32bn stuff would be nice but its several £100 a jacket!

Ahh okay, yea I know that pouch but there is not chance my 6" is fitting in there :) I am planning on getting a M92f as a Z88 and tried the pouch with someones M92 and didn't work, however, I found one of the front right utility pouches hold a shorter pistol (M92) perfectly so may go with that..

I was think British WWII or patt58 canvas holsters but don't know how kosher it would be and also its quite difficult having belt stuff with the M83 as it hangs a little lower

All of the pics I've seen in researching there is such a mish mash of camos, but i have been mainly researching mercenaries... some official 32bn stuff would be nice but its several £100 a jacket!

well as for holsters you're only going to see them with the P83 chesties or on the older P70 web sets, otherwise from my reading guys whould shove them where best acessible in their battle jackets.

Yep the 32 stuff is absurd, there is a base of collectors and they pay top dollar, I just watch a summer jacket fetch over $300 and it wasn't even the perfect style, it was a contemporary copy made to fill demand for a slightly different product. Thats why I go for french indochina of Algerian stuff, or SADF nutria its kosher and its cheaper, the Nutria stuff is like maybe 10 quid a uni before shipping on bid or buy

Edited by frogfish

Just throwing this out there, because I imagine it won't help much, but my workmate's brother was 32Bn and he had a custom made webbing set out of the summer camouflage fabric which included a holster.

He also has a box of clone eastern european camo patterns made in SA along with original captured sets (a lot of it is DDR rain pattern), among more usual stuff like nutrias and anti-tracking boots.

And no, he won't let me have any of it :P

• 3 weeks later...

The orientation of magazines has to do with the way you grip them during reloads, not which hand is your dominant one.
When I was in the military, the general rule of thumb was "point towards penis", meaning that mags on your left side would have the bullets pointing towards the right/your center, and vice versa.
That said, I for many years ran my mags the same way as Eggle, as a right handed shooter. For me, which method I use depends on how far up on my torso the magazines are.

• Like 1

Pants look a little long.

For some reason they do look long in the picture, but they were a perfect length on me, maybe a little wide, but the length is fine.

As Infinity said, I just slid them in for the picture. Im not that of a serious player that I aim for the fasted reload anyway, which ever way I put them in on the day works for me.