• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

You do that "greenside" has nothing to do with the environment you are in do you :).

In some strange way this has come to live a life on several forums over the years... But is completely unrelated to the environment you are operating in.

Check here for more info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Force_Reconnaissance#Mission

That being said, AOR2 looks nice nonetheless...

Edited by blablabla

I like that kit, looks a bit exotic, but theres a tip, if you're gonna pose with a M90/F uniform, do never fold you arms up, it's basically against regulations, and if you do get hold of a M90/L Jacket, if you are going to fold it you need to have the camopart outside (so that the white side (inside) is not shown)

Klicky link is to show you how it's suppose to look.

http://www.soldf.com/images/s_m90l.jpg

And also on the last pic, make sure you have the buttons closed, it's meant to keep dirt/snow/sand out, it's a built in gaiter.

Yeah, thanks. I dont usually fold the sleeves like that, I usually fold them camo side out like you said, i must have forgotten to for that day :P. I do have a m90/L jacket (well tac up gear's copy of it, but its well made and the colours are correct), and its a great piece of kit, not to mention its soo much better in the heat than the heavy jacket (not that thats an issue right now here in Canada) :) Oh, and I am now the proud owner of a boonie cap, and a G&G AK5C :)

For the gaiters, I would use them if i wore boots, but i play in low cut hiking shoes, so i need to keep them undone so they dont ride up my ankles :P

You do that "greenside" has nothing to do with the environment you are in do you :).

I'm very aware of the definition and its use by the USMC FR. In fact the term is widely used to define the same type of missions for other branches of the military.

Boonie hat, light PC, few ammo, non-padded trousers, short and light CQB rifle... Our mission in that game was exactly that, reinforced by the fact that we were 4 against 15 ;)

Edited by Wingmann
  • 2 weeks later...

Still cant find decent RG pouches atm :( so i picked up some cheap sale items from UK tactical for my H-Harness. i finally adjusted it and now its really comfortable lol was wearing it way too low. I need to get a molle mount for my holster/a px4 molle holster.

000_0473.jpg

Mah new loadout (/semi birthday present to self ;) ) ... I am going for the FBI HRT look (this sort http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/yank/fbi/31507065.jpg rather than the mor emodern Multicam / airframe they have been sporting), as close as approximation as I can with the budget I am willing to spend ... Thus far I have:

CWU-27p Sage Green flight suit

Flyye Force Recon Vest

Flyye Drop leg M4 / M16 Double Pouch set

Simple OD Viper Gloves and Black Knee pads

Patches ect.

Andddd I shall use probably just my Standard MP5A4 (also will probably change the AR mag pouches to MP5 mag pouches on the vest over time) along with some form of 1911 side arm :)

Looking to add a nice 1911 Drop leg and even if I don't use it much grab a nice MICH or PSGT helmet :)

1512493_10151774160836491_295924029_n.jp

1508203_10151774160751491_1232286858_n.j

FirstSpear AGB Belt Sleeve and SKD Enhanced BDU Shirt; picked up as part of a purchase during one of SKD Tac's many, many sales.

Don't generally buy field cut shirts because I find UBACS are just all round more comfortable for airsoft, but multicam stuff can be handy for work as well so it's a bit of a dual-use purchase.

IMG_1485_zps57c83fe6.jpg

I find the picture kinda makes my eyes go weird.

FirstSpear AGB Belt Sleeve and SKD Enhanced BDU Shirt; picked up as part of a purchase during one of SKD Tac's many, many sales.

Don't generally buy field cut shirts because I find UBACS are just all round more comfortable for airsoft, but multicam stuff can be handy for work as well so it's a bit of a dual-use purchase.

I find the picture kinda makes my eyes go weird.

How do you like the AGB sleeve? Trying to decide between that or the TYR Tactical version of the Brokos belt.

How do you like the AGB sleeve? Trying to decide between that or the TYR Tactical version of the Brokos belt.

I had the VTAC version of that belt a while back, same design spec, just slightly different cordura used; wasn't a fan.  The internal stiffener was probably very handy for guys carrying a ton of weight on their belt but I found it massively OTT and uncomfortable to wear in use, ended up selling the belt.  With the FirstSpear you've still got a pretty robust stiffening piece of elastic but they had the sense to put that zip in which gives the end user the choice (same with with the internal padding, that can be taken out as well if desired).

On the flip side the AGB sleeve, by necessity of the 6/12 system, doesn't have equally spaced PALS slots along its' length.  The individual 'panels' with two columns on each are correctly spaced for pouch attachment, but the gaps inbetween those panels are too great to correctly fit any pouch which is more than 3 PALS columns wide.  With the possible exception of veryp wide pouches that might line up again if they covered multiple panels, but I don't have anything like that to test with.  Far as I can remember the Brokos doesn't suffer that issue.  Thing is you can always thread the inner belt of your choosing outside the 6/12 to attach any wider pouches you might want to use; between MALICE/Missing Links/Zip ties/Tape there's always a way.

Overall construction and materials wise the FS is much nicer I find, not to mention comfort when worn.

Edited by CKinnerley

Thanks! Appreciate the opinion, probably will go with the AGB sleeve then, was gonna get the AGB as the inner belt anyway.

For the life of me, can't find a sizing guide or sizing info anywhere though - What size did you get for both the AGB and the sleeve, I'm a 30-31 waist.

Edited by SkillslikeaZebra