• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Care to send me an aimpoint CS? lol, yeah, its not exactly a common kit here in canada, I think i can count on one hand who owns some m90, LOL, but I love it! I have been trying so hard to get a stridsvest 2000, but they are so hard to find, and the one i did find was like 700 CAD, so yeah, it didnt happen :'(

Edited by Ryland Kirzinger

The problem about trying to source a Stridsväst 2000 is just that, they're very expensive because they are very rare. It's a piece of kit that troops are required to return to their respective armory, along with many other parts of their issued kit. Only a few items are considered to be expendable and replaceable without having to sign for it.

However, since the relatively recent decision to produce and issue several new gear designs, there could be an influx of Stridsvästar on the public market, potentially lowering the average pricing. Though, I would not be surprised if the majority of the vests are destroyed or put into storage, for one reason or another. Either way, I'm glad to see more modern and updated gear being put into service by our government and military command.

I have also seen it in a few pictures though I do not know much about them in terms of official statements regarding the issuing of the plate carrier. I do believe that it was first introduced as a piece of kit for trials when the military was trialling new gear. After that, I have been told that a number of the ones used in the trials were kept by troops, a few more were issued, and some were purchased privately. Of course, I do not claim this to be the facts, it is simply what I have heard about it from others, even from people in the Swedish military... But take it with a pinch of salt. Hopefully someone else is able to enlighten us about it.

It's not "Sniegl," it's actually "Snigel," which means "Snail." I do not know if it was intentional or just a typo, but it helps other forum members if they want to search for the company's products.

Edited by -MOOSE-

I have also seen it in a few pictures though I do not know much about them in terms of official statements regarding the issuing of the plate carrier. I do believe that it was first introduced as a piece of kit for trials when the military was trialling new gear. After that, I have been told that a number of the ones used in the trials were kept by troops, a few more were issued, and some were purchased privately. Of course, I do not claim this to be the facts, it is simply what I have heard about it from others, even from people in the Swedish military... But take it with a pinch of salt. Hopefully someone else is able to enlighten us about it.

It's not "Sniegl," it's actually "Snigel," which means "Snail." I do not know if it was intentional or just a typo, but it helps other forum members if they want to search for the company's products.

It was a typo, my bad. Guess it's not particularly high speed gear then, eh? :-P

It was a typo, my bad. Guess it's not particularly high speed gear then, eh? :-P

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that Snigel Designs gear is not of high quality. Though, as you put it, their gear is not generally that "high speed" when compared to many other manufacturers. The plate carrier that Snigel has made is too complicated and over-designed, in my opinion. The main reason why the plate carrier was not widely fielded is because it does not meet the requirements of the average soldier, or it does more than the average soldier needs. On the other hand, groups like SOG are able to get ahold of kits that are generally better designed than the ones that Snigel have come up with. Of course, I do support the production of gear by a domestic company, but I am more interested in quality rather than where the gear was made.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that Snigel Designs gear is not of high quality. Though, as you put it, their gear is not generally that "high speed" when compared to many other manufacturers. The plate carrier that Snigel has made is too complicated and over-designed, in my opinion. The main reason why the plate carrier was not widely fielded is because it does not meet the requirements of the average soldier, or it does more than the average soldier needs. On the other hand, groups like SOG are able to get ahold of kits that are generally better designed than the ones that Snigel have come up with. Of course, I do support the production of gear by a domestic company, but I am more interested in quality rather than where the gear was made.

I was just going for the pun on the snail translation LOL :unsure:

• Like 1

?_?

A mixture of marijuana, cocaine, crack, meth, angel dust, morphine, heroine, and other strong unidentifiable drugs crushed up and rolled into a joint and smoked. First time users cope with the feeling by petting furry walls.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco
  • Like 2