Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I have a Green Card? Please?

I've got all the gear a man needs, a damn fine suit, waistcoat and tie xDDD -  

Posted Images

Whoo, deity-of-your-choosing rays:

P1010904.jpg

Spent most of the past weekend building my 2 new chest-rigs, finishing off some other stuff and generally re-working everything apart from one of the FLCs.

P1010876.jpg

Working from left to right, top to bottom:

• WAS RICAS Compact for 7.62 NATO weapons
  • Blackhawk STRIKE PC for general 5.56 STANAG AEG usage
  • SDS I-RACK with TACOs and a TT shingle for holding lots of GBB rifle mags (a full camelbak is fairly essential on this one)
  • SDS Super FLC for pistol carbines, just needs a radio and hydro to finish it off
  • TT 2-Piece MAV with X-Harness for bolt action rifles and other DMR style weapons
  • BULLE MLE with added internal shingles to do the combined job of my current standard vest and belt-rig, all in one easy to take on/off setup

Apart from perhaps putting together some sort of small/light shotgun rig, that lot covers all the various weapon types I own quite nicely.

Edited by CKinnerley

Trying something for the summer months:

dscf00022gf.jpg

dscf00042.jpg

A sort of 80's-90's African Merc, since i am planning this with pistols in mind it may become a local with some 'borrowed' clothing.

Kit list is simple:

Transkei shirt.

British Lightweights.

58 pattern belt and yoke.

Viper Pistol Pouches modded to fit (also have a set up with M56 1911 pouches).

Basic but does the job in summer.

'FireKnife'

Here's my semi-regular woodland loadout. I use Magnum Elite Spider 8.0s for urban, simply because they're exponentially more comfortable.

collagelr.jpg

TM FA-MAS attached via a DBoys single point sling

TM MP5A5 with Guarder three point sling

TM Sig P226

5.11 TDU shirt

5.11 TDU pants with neoprene kneepads

5.11 TAC-A2 gloves

Webtex boots (Lowa ripoffs, but still decent)

WAS Crusader pack with tactical Cadbury bear and carabiner

WAS 901 Delta

WAS DM4 X 2

WAS Fast Draw double pistol

WAS single pistol

Guarder duty belt

BHI Serpa dropleg for P226

WAS MOLLE dumper

There's usually an FG Gemtech TRL on the belt too, attached to a Sig, but it got caught in a bush I was crawling through at last weekends' skirmish and snapped the lanyard loop clean off my 226. The actual lanyard itself had a thread poking out of the black cord, so it looked like it could snap under a fair amount of pressure. I managed to get loose, and looked down expecting to see a snapped lanyard, but no, it was the lanyard loop on the gun that had given way.

Truly awesome piece of kit. Even when it's frayed, the build quality holds up. I put a *suitcase* tonne of pressure on it as well, because my position was taking heavy fire and I needed to get out of there. I thought, '*fruitcage* it, if it snaps, I'll get another', but it didn't.

Can't ask for more than that. Well done Gemtech :) And cheers to CKinnerley for selling me a quality bit of kit!

Edited by Arghoslent93

hhda1.jpg

hhda2.jpg

ptw11cqb.jpg

Kitlist:

Headgear

SDS Warrior Helmet

3-hole norotos

Surefire Helmet Light

MSA Straps

IR IFF Flags

Shemagh

Uniform

RAID DCU

Oakley Assault Gloves & Boots

LBT Rigger belt w/ Safety Lanyard in CT

1st Line:

LBT Patrol Belt w/ Eagle Belt Pad in Black

TAG Dump Pouch

Safariland 6004 for Sig P226

2nd Line:

SFLCS EI RRS-V MJK

EI MLCS Canteen Pouch

EI SFLCS Single Magazine Pouch x3

EI SFLCS Triple Magazine Shingle

EI Double Pistol Magazine Pouch

EI Admin w/ Light Pouch

EI MLCS MBITR Pouch

Accessories:

Adventure Light Quantum FX strobe

C-A-T

Cyalume lightstick

Omega Locking Carabiner

LBT Pistol Lanyard

Carabiners (locking and non-locking)

Casio Mudman Watch

Trifold restraints

Ranger Beads

Patches n' Such

CQBR

PTW CQB-R MAX

KAC RAS

Surefire M900

CQD Picatinny Sling Mount

AN/PEQ-15*

Eotech 552

CQD Picatinny sling mount and sling

A.R.M.S. #40L BUIS*

*Repro

• Like 1

@Hammerhe4d - That loadout is simply awesome! Great work! But do you really need 6 US flags? biggrin.gif

No big update (I'm too strapped for cash to actually buy anything new atm, especially when everything I want is sitting pretty in triple figures!), but decided to throw the gear on and see how the new 901 set up feels in combination with everything else. Happy with it at the moment, and should get to try it out in game soon. The throat mic has slipped slightly, still need to have a play to get it to sit comfortable.

Front1-1.jpg

Back1.jpg

Crye Gen2 Combat Pants (Multicam) w/ Gen3 Knee Pads

Crye Gen2 Field Shirt (Multicam)

2x Templar Subdued Union Jacks, IR Blood Type Patches.

British Issue Moisture-Wicking T-Shirt

Blackhawk! Riggers Belt (Black)

Blackhawk! Serpa (1911/Black)

UZI Protector Watch (Rubber Strap)

Oakley S.I. Assault Gloves (Tan)

Meindl Desert Fox Boots (Tan)

King Arms Replica PACA (Tan)

* IR Union Jack

Warrior 901 w/ Centurion Back Panel (OD)

- 6x 5.56mm Open Mag Pouches

- Smoke Pouch w/ Mk.18 style Gas Charger

- Small Vertical Pouch

- Double Pistol Mag Pouch

- Hydration Carrier w/ CamelBak Storm 3ltr

- Universal Radio Pouch

Warrior Duty Belt (OD)

Warrior Non-Slip Drop Leg Dump Pouch (OD)

* Motorola XTN446, DEVGRU Throat-Mic, Cyalumes (Red, Blue, IR), Electrical tape & Mil-Spec Monkey 'Zombie Hunter' patch.

Edited by Blackjack13

Ah yes, nice bit of OD and MC, a man after my own heart. My few queries/points:

• Camelbak, do you actually use it in game or?
  • I'd maybe consider dropping one of the union jacks, I mean this is purely about personal preference obviously and I know the americans tend to go with both arms, but just sticking with the left arm would be more british.
  • 2 dump pouches?
  • Would I be right in guessing the whole rig doesn't size down small enough for you without the PACA? I often get that problem and putting a soft armour carrier on would open up a whole range of new rigs for me to use, but I over-heat so damn easily as it is that I've settled on just using the few designs of vest/PC around that will fit me.

Ah yes, nice bit of OD and MC, a man after my own heart. My few queries/points:

• Camelbak, do you actually use it in game or?
  • I'd maybe consider dropping one of the union jacks, I mean this is purely about personal preference obviously and I know the americans tend to go with both arms, but just sticking with the left arm would be more british.
  • 2 dump pouches?
  • Would I be right in guessing the whole rig doesn't size down small enough for you without the PACA? I often get that problem and putting a soft armour carrier on would open up a whole range of new rigs for me to use, but I over-heat so damn easily as it is that I've settled on just using the few designs of vest/PC around that will fit me.

Cheers CK! I've got a tan set up in the works, and planning on doing a full multicam one too (maybe! tongue.gif). Was never my original intention when I started, but it works quite well (but that might be the massive geek in me! Cadians anyone?).

1) CamelBak is only used in long games as I run a lower face mask (had braces for 2+ years so want to protect my teeth!), but I see no reason to take it off when not, as it doesn't weigh anything when empty. I can reach round and get to the valve if I want (requires a wee bit of a re-position of the tube, but nothing major).

2) I usually only have the two on the arms, whereas on the PC there will be name strips/1x morale patche. The IR Union Jack is there to retain the comms cable as I couldn't find any other patch I fancied/worked. Though I agree, I do appear strangely patriotic!

3) Yep. They can get awkward if I have to ditch upwards of 4 mags. It also offers choice if I can't use the one on the leg, say if I take a knee. There are a number of issues with the drop-leg which I didn't foresee when I brought it (when I fist started airsoft), hence why both dump pouches are belt mounted on the tan loadout!

4) Yeah, sort of! I'm an odd shape (and regardless of how many hours I spend at the gym it doesn't change)! The RICAS Compact fits perfectly on the lowest setting (almost too tight), but the 901 is a bit too loose without the PACA. It does get ridiculously hot though, as you're effectively wearing a thick layer of insulating foam, but I'm (thankfully!) resigned to evening games, hence it's a bit cooler!

Edited by Blackjack13