Official Photography Thread?

There isnt a actual photography thread from what I saw.

So, post some of your photgraphy and flickr links.

I will start :]

I have a Nikon D40

Lens:

Sigma 105mm Macro (Ohhhh so amazing!!!)

Nikon 50mm f1.8 (For the price its amazing)

Nikon 18-55mm (eh not so good but you cant expect much from a kit lens)

Accessories:

Manfrotto tripod

Lowepro flipside 200

3036708038_aef6fcc08a.jpg

2933620656_a3d7a85f64.jpg

2915804908_88821ca128.jpg

2928063954_c5b2ca690b.jpg

2928063096_d2dbe76e44.jpg

2873311411_1e34e9e9e0.jpg

2771896744_03699af2d0.jpg

And heres my flickr, my first few pics are just for selling so ignore them.

http://www.flickr.com/people/29651350@N06/

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VERY minor curves. I just got into photography and havnt had the camera for long (first slr) so I still havnt gotten close to mastering my camera. (I am hopeing for a d80 soon :]). So veryyy minor curves isnt to bad :] I sometimes crop my pics too.

Thats a great first SLR, keep it up. And read alot you will get better. If you think you suck you wont improve as much as if you have confidence in yourself.

Post some of your pics.

Although I no longer have a DSLR and my lens, this is what I used to have before I had to sell them

Camera

Canon D60 (2002-2008)

Rented a Canon 1D Mark 2 for my trip to Alaska last May.

Lens

24-85 F3.5-5.6

70-200L IS F4

100-400L IS F4.5-F5.6

Canon 580EX Flash

My Aviation Pics

Trasher, feckin amazing photos! If its not to much trouble, could you describe how your photos with the muzzle flash were taken? Especially with such a long exposure with no blurring? This is something ive tried to capture, but have yet to succeed. I'm fairly new to photography, so excuse my ignorance.

Edited by Sniperman15
Trasher, feckin amazing photos! If its not to much trouble, could you describe how your photos with the muzzle flash were taken? Especially with such a long exposure with no blurring? This is something ive tried to capture, but have yet to succeed. I'm fairly new to photography, so excuse my ignorance.

"Edgerton EG&G 549 microflash at 1/2.000.000" is the answer. 1/2e6 is an impossibly fast shutter speed, so this can only be done with a strobe flash. If you goto a tech school, you might have a strobe lab.

O/w, great stuff Trasher, good mix of HDR in there too.

Edited by slu

Figured as much, I did notice he took one with the 550ex flash, I have a 580ex II, what sort of settings would I want to use for that to get a similar photo, wouldn't be crystal clear high speed, but I'm sure I could get something....?

Edited by Sniperman15
Figured as much, I did notice he took one with the 550ex flash, I have a 580ex II, what sort of settings would I want to use for that to get a similar photo, wouldn't be crystal clear high speed, but I'm sure I could get something....?

I'm sure you could get something, just blurred.

Yeah, you need the lowest manageable power output - see the description:

http://www.shooter.hu/pp/index.php?showimage=27

Just be extra careful guys when handling firearms in similar conditions!

Yeah, you need the lowest manageable power output - see the description:

http://www.shooter.hu/pp/index.php?showimage=27

Just be extra careful guys when handling firearms in similar conditions!

Could you be a little more descriptive? For example, what sort of settings was the flash on? besides lowest power, was it on multi or ettl? If the camera was on a 3 sec shutter I would assume multi? I would have thought the faster the shutter the better.

The flash is off-camera, set to Manual and the lowest useable light output (weaker the flash, the shorter the lighting time).

Flash activated by sound trigger.

The exposure (or shutter) time is determined by the duration of the light, the mechanical camera shutter has no role here.

For me:

I have canon 1D and some canon FD camera's. Also doing some medium-format with the Mamiya 645 family.

Lenses have a lot of them. Some days I walk around with just the film-camera to get that nostalgic feeling again and not to be tempted to take photos like a machinegun because it is digital.

Some of my pictures:

Winter Photos

Veterans celebrating liberty memorial day in Holland