Official Photography Thread?

I often take mine out in the field, though not while playing.

Much better to don a hi-vis and get in amongst the action.

A UV filter to protect the lens is a must!

Look into getting specific camera insurance too, I was quoted £6 a month for up to £2000 worth of gear, including unattended vehicle cover (so if I left it locked in the boot and someone broke in, I was covered)

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, I think a hi-vis may just be a bettery simpler idea!

I use a UV filter (for general protection, nothing annoys me more than grubby fingerprints on my lenses!) and use a company called e&l to insure my kit, but I'm still very paranoid, my camera goes everywhere with me, and I can guarantee, if it did get shot-out, the one week I'd be waiting for the replacement, is the one week I'd need it most!

I may well just simply make a polycarb "filter" if you will, to sit in a cokin adapter, that way I could use my camera in-game if needs be and feel a bit happier about it.

Thank you for reminding me! I must phone E&J and sort out my insurance, they buggered up taking the payment twice (as in they didn't take it) so cancelled my insurance, first I knew about it was a month or so later getting a letter saying they were sorry I'd decided to leave them!

Still it's better than them taking more money than they should.

Unlucky, might not have been better than them taking more money if you'd had your camera nicked!

Can guarantee, knowing my luck, that's exactly what'd happen to me ;)

Time for me to toddle off I think, college in the morning.

One more photo to finish the night!

3394923561_823fbfa565.jpg

Edited by Finius

What exactly is "we", I can't tell? :P

This is my offering for today:

3404660324_4420973aaa.jpg

"The Beauty Of A Killing Machine", what started out as a couple of photos to show some mates my gun turned into a fully fledged photo shoot! This one turned out best IMHO.

Here's a few from my normal stuff:

2692219215_e2332b40c2.jpg

3328349787_4d462e2a01.jpg

And some of my airsoft stuff:

2484493378_a84c62ab96.jpg

3098183474_4979fd11d0.jpg

3097343361_45ccd94644.jpg

3363270934_2d0117fde3.jpg

I can tell you from experience that your front element should stop most direct hits, a UV filter isn't going to be stronger and is more likely to crack of shatter at a weaker impact. Also I've found the hi-vis to only make me a seemingly more appealing target.

Edited by suicidalsnowman

This one is mine

1.jpg

This one is not, but Id love to know how to make that effect?

mg12011000pxmo7.jpg

Oh, and I know this is silly, but does anyone have any tips on how to make fake blood, like really realistic looking stuff?

Edited by chas

Nah, theyre in a shadow but have been lit up by a spotlight. So, to get that effect you just have to have a good camera focused very well on the subject and (im guessing this is what was used) one of those professional flashes that uses an umbrella type thing to reflect it, whatever they are called.

one of those professional flashes that uses an umbrella type thing to reflect it, whatever they are called.

It's called an "umbrella" in fact :)

Which is used to diffuse and soften light.

Their shadows show the light source is from the top left of the image, quite high by the shadow cast by the mortar on the wall, and slightly behind them by the other shadows.

I'd say the original wasn't properly exposed, and no reflector was used to light up the right side of their bodies, so photoshop or similar was used to adjust the curves and improve the exposure.

It would explain the colour distortion of a few of their helmets.

Alright so I have a choice between two camera's I've been planning to get..

The Canon G9 or the Panasonic LX3.

What do you guys rekkon is the better camera? I'm leaning towards the LX3 but I duno, does anyone have any words of advice?

I have the Lx3, and have read a lot about the g9, i think they are both awesome little cameras but the best one depends on what kind of photos you'll most be taking.

the g9 has a higher megapixel count and in well lit - low iso photos its awesome. but where the lx3 shines is in low light; it does fantastically in low light conditions which is why i got it. I was getting fed up with places being too dark.

Lx3 is also a little cheaper i think.

These photos were not taken with the lx3 (theyre a little old) but i wanted to post em up.

naruto1v.jpg

spideyc.jpg

dscf1120.jpg

dscf1517a.jpg

dscf1706j.jpg

dscf1762s.jpg

p1000129p.jpg

p1000037l.jpg

p1000076cwt.jpg

These were taken with the lx3. theyre of my town and of a local bar (which im sure doubles as the owner's living room) and it has never come out right with other cameras without using a flash. its really dark in there.