Official Photography Thread?

I just ordered the Tamrom 90mm, so I'll be able to tell you within the week how I like it. I love macro photography.

I also ordered the Tamron 10-24mm wide angle, for the landscapes.

decided against the prime just now, I dont think I do enough portrait/people work to justify it. The shopping cart bill was piling up a little high too. At some point I will pick one up though I'm sure.

how much did that set you back in US currency?

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

works out to be about 1200US for the two lenses. That was slightly more expensive than that park cameras site linked to earlier once the conversion is done. But only a little bit and I get 10% in points to spend at the store I got them from here (yodobashi camera). Along with the camera I bought means I have enough points to just about get that 50mm lens free...

But now I feel pretty set up - cam, bag, wide lens, macro lens and a general lens. PL filter and uv filters. And a tripod. Until I'm really sure of what I'm doing and things I need, that kit and my bike will be more than happy.

Lenses should arrive today or tomorrow.

Anyways, to post some photos:

dsc0308small.th.jpg dsc0338small.th.jpg dsc0324small.th.jpg

i realise now photo shopping is a must, so what does everyone use to do there photos.

i recently got cs4,but i think its got a few parts missing(say something about a colour palite,being missing when loaded),and its very complicated to use.

well for me being a total noob at this it is.

yesterday i got light room which seems alot easier but i know it doesnt have all the functions of cs4.

should i try and get to grips with cs4 or just stick with light room until i know alittle more about what im doing

Get to grips with CS4 and use both.

Take a look at Digital Photo magazine, it has plenty of really good and non-patronising lessons to help.

I find that in actuallity I only use a few functions of CS4 when putting images through post production.

Portraiture and noiseware are useful plugins to have.

Lenses arrived, had a bit of a play with them this avo.

They both seem pretty sweet, they do what they say they do and the quality seems just fine. I bet nit picking experts could find things to be bothered about but as far as I'm concerned - they're good lenses.

The 90's auto focus speed is pretty fast too, doesn't seem to get caught or anything.

Anyways, here's some pics, first a couple from the wide angle then a few from the 90mm.

Bear in mind that this was about 4:30pm on a mostly cloudy day (occasional seconds of sunshine kind of day), and only of stuff near my house, so the pictures aren't exactly award winning.

dsc0456.th.jpg dsc0488small.th.jpg

90mm;

dsc0493f.th.jpg from about 3m away.

dsc0496ih.th.jpg while standing looking down.

dsc0502e.th.jpg from about 40cm away.

dsc0503il.th.jpg about 10 cm away.

dsc0506.th.jpg f.11

dsc0508b.th.jpg f.3.5

Take from that what you will, but I am pleased, they are easy to use and seem to be pretty good value for money. I don't think I would have been much happier if I had paid twice the amount for the nikkor 105, the 90 performs just fine. :photo:

oddly enough, the first pic i didnt recognise as trafalgar square, even though ive shot there, in the dark many times.

the ferris wheel is the london eye and the capitol building is st pauls cathedral.

speaking of shooting in trafalgar square at night, i always remember taking a break inbetween shots, and standing near a light that didnt work, so i had a bit of shadow.

all of a sudden a slightly ###### but hot girl came round the corner, giggled, hoisted her skirt up, pulled her knickers aside and peed. like a camel. and peed and peed.

when she did eventually finish she giggled some more, straightened herself out and ran off.

i thought it was a good idea idea to stay perfectly still and not say anything...

:)

I take it you didnt have your camera in your hands at that point? Shame.. I think :/

Q. Re: recent news article on the BT-Yahoo website, has anyone ever been approached or stopped by the rozzers whilst photographing buildings or landmarks etc? Thoughts about it all?

I take it you didnt have your camera in your hands at that point? Shame.. I think :/

Q. Re: recent news article on the BT-Yahoo website, has anyone ever been approached or stopped by the rozzers whilst photographing buildings or landmarks etc? Thoughts about it all?

Not really, only incident i had was a copper asking what i was doing.

Just told him i was taking some photo's for an album, he asked to see the pics an he was happy with them.

lol, i did have my very large camera in my hands. i thought if she noticed me it would look really bad.

yes.

was a while ago, but got stopped, questioned and had a background check.

was informed that i would be on their database.

whilst being checked a red police vehicle slowly circled us.

i asked for some paperwork, they said i could, but it would take ages and that we'd have to go to the station.

i didnt have the time to do that so left it.

the other time was outside a train station and they were rather more interested in my middle-eastern-looking colleague, so i just sort of kept quiet and backed off.

Edited by oikoik

4336688104_201eb22ae9.jpg

4336705732_95c627650c.jpg

4336716722_0452d2b274.jpg

4336722816_7f4eba71c6_b.jpg

Here are some pics, all taken with a d300, the aerial pitt pictures were with a 50mm f1.4......and the last is a sigma 105mm f2.8 macro (the lens in the picture is the 50mm f1.4).

The pittsburgh pics were taken out of an airplane:)

Please check them out and comment :) www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjuliano

Thanks!

*git!* lucky you!

lol, i hadnt thought of that :)

i think its a tad more difficult to arrange that over london these days though, theyre very sensitive...

i'd actually love to do hong kong, maybe inbetween the skyscrapers.. yum

Edited by oikoik