Factory Tournee part Deux!

Frontiers

That SCAR H looks pretty promissing, will it be compatible with regular M14 mags? SR25 MAGS? or it will use his own mags?

im sure it will be based on the Scar they have now, the basis for it i could think so the magazine is same? as in that one but little too early to know for sure.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That SCAR H looks pretty promissing, will it be compatible with regular M14 mags? SR25 MAGS? or it will use his own mags?

How can a scar H take m14 mags?

The mag release system is completely different. So no, it's impossible, SR25 might be a solution since they have the same release system, but I don't know about the feed lip of the mags.

im sure it will be based on the Scar they have now, the basis for it i could think so the magazine is same? as in that one but little too early to know for sure.

If it uses the same mags as the SCAR L then it will not be a SCAR H as in RS they use different calibre bullets.

How can a scar H take m14 mags?

The mag release system is completely different. So no, it's impossible, SR25 might be a solution since they have the same release system, but I don't know about the feed lip of the mags.

IIRC the STAR one uses the proprietary mags for their M14. seeing as how the Dboys is based on the VFC (correct me if i'm wrong there, not too savvy when it comes to SCARs) it will most likely use different VFC style mags.

Exactly. When Vanderer said itll be "like the SCAR they have now" he prolly meant the SCAR-H VFC has now, not Dboys.

Anyway, if you talk to the Dboys crew again, please tell them to change the colouring/material of the plastic parts on the SCAR, as the finish is horrible. Seriously, the Dboys SCAR looks awesome in some pictures but in real life it's just so toyish looking they look closer to the JLS one than to VFC's or STAR's.

About the MP5K: would it be possible to hollow out the tube above the barrel (where the gas system of th RS version goes) and put in a laser or is this part used for something in the Maruzen?

I sort of had this niggling feeling that Magpul PTS might have had someone else make the Masada for them. Be kinda crazy if all this fuss they made over the ACM copy turns out to be the actual AEG..

I can't wait for this M60!

Thanks vanderer :)

I sort of had this niggling feeling that Magpul PTS might have had someone else make the Masada for them. Be kinda crazy if all this fuss they made over the ACM copy turns out to be the actual AEG..

I can't wait for this M60!

Thanks vanderer :)

Would kind of explain why they also went nuts when pictures of the ACM became public as magpul pts obviously wanted to be issuing the pictures to make the gun official. The fact that PTS also issued notice that they would take legal action against any unauthorised copies could have been aimed at A&K to make sure they don't cut out the middleman once production is ready for the gun to be released, ala Cybergun and Cyma with the Thompson plus star/ares issue.

This is purely speculation and is unlikely to have any basis in fact... it would tickle me something rotten if it turns out to be true though.. :)

I just re-read the topic and you said that JP Sig 556 was a springer.

On the attached pic showing the box we cand see "semi auto electric gun"

;)

EDIT: wrong image showed

the box is for the real one but Springer was only ready :P so couldnt take pic of the real deal just the box.

Vandy, did you handle the JAE-100 stock? How did it feel-any flex or bad seams? This looks like a great one to drop a Scout Carbine-length M14 into...not too long, not too short like the SOC....but only if the internals are strong, and ONLY if the stock doesn't look or sound toy-like. I'll bet they would sell THOUSANDS!

Thanks so much for the intel...like the others here, I appreciate the time, effort, energy and contacts you have who are willing to share and take some feedback from the community, too!

ThumpMaster6....OVER

the jae stock is brilliant, but the gun it comes with is only so-so out of the box.

Vanderer, thanks for the brilliant post! it's stuff like this that keeps me coming back to arnies!

Ah yes if i remember correctly, Magpul was gonna release an ACR not the Masada. Similar kinda, but the ACR looks more like a Scar

What do you mean the ACR looks more like a SCAR? They look nearly identical besides the location of the charging handle. You could always put any one of the stocks or handguards on either model.

I am suspecting you may have been under the impression the RAS handguards or the UBR style stock was unique to the ACR.

Would kind of explain why they also went nuts when pictures of the ACM became public as magpul pts obviously wanted to be issuing the pictures to make the gun official. The fact that PTS also issued notice that they would take legal action against any unauthorised copies could have been aimed at A&K to make sure they don't cut out the middleman once production is ready for the gun to be released, ala Cybergun and Cyma with the Thompson plus star/ares issue.

This is purely speculation and is unlikely to have any basis in fact... it would tickle me something rotten if it turns out to be true though.. :)

99% sure that's not what went down. Magpul PTS was all set to produce the Masada right up until the Magpul / Bushmaster deal went through. As soon as the ACR was announced, development of the PTS Masada was halted. Magpul PTS then decided to shift development to the PTS ACR. However because the design of the RS ACR is still somewhat in flux, Magpul PTS have to wait and see what the final RS product will be before investing heavily into developing and mass producing the PTS ACR for the Airsoft market. It may yet be quite sometime until we see the licensed Magpul / Bushmaster PTS ACR. It is also highly unlikely that we will ever see a licensed Magpul PTS Masada.

As for the ACM Masada, I'm almost 100% sure that Magpul PTS had zero involvment with the development of it. As soon as the ACM Masada was announced, Magpul PTS' reaction was to defend their copyright of all Magpul Airsoft products. I'm sure it also ticked them off that an ACM company were attempting to release a version of the Masada...something that Magpul PTS very much wanted to do themselves except that their hands were tied on that matter as A.) they could no longer produce the Masada anymore... only the ACR, and B.) they had to wait for the okay from Magpul USA before going full throttle on the ACR.

Whoah, now that's a Christmas gift I'd expect! I hope that the Well MP5K will shoot (since Maruzen had some trouble with it) and be propane-ready (Japanese automatic GBBs eat themselves sooner or later if you use propane in them). Anyway, you have greatly pleased the Korean Monkey Baby. :)

Archived