Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Yes yes yes yes please please please shimms shimms shimms.

Noreally, I need some of those shimms, and by the looks of it... not 1 or 2 but something to cover about 1-2 mm of space.

The shimms here http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...catid=&cat= would most likely work.

But good luck finding those!!!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Yes yes yes yes please please please shimms shimms shimms.

Noreally, I need some of those shimms, and by the looks of it... not 1 or 2 but something to cover about 1-2 mm of space.

The shimms here http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...catid=&cat= would most likely work.

But good luck finding those!!!!

OK Im confused now, those are not the kind of shims I imagined I'd need!!!

Without sounding like a stupid needy child can anyone illuminate me with a diagram of what it is I'm going to need!!??

Cheers

J.

(In the end I might just have to take the plunge and take the thing apart!)

Edited by Number5

Both PDI (X-fire) and Laylax have ~10.5" barrels out - for CQB-R style carbines. Their kinda hard to find though:

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=14298 - in stock here apparently

New products from laylax:

http://laylax.com/products/detail.php?product_id=4341 - more solid barrel lock "nut" ?! No problems with mine...

http://laylax.com/products/detail.php?product_id=4342 - selector plate

Ok, so, I'm going to have to ask you all to forgive my ignorance again, but will this barrell nut then, not only provide better 'barrel stability' but will it allow the instalation of aftermarket rail systems (being much better and larger? than the silver OEM barrle nut?) without leaving barrell wobble?

still dont know what it does :P

translation

M4 next generation will be the basis of the body to secure the Outer Barrel of the gun "barrel base" will be required to be tough to get a large load of heavy bombardment by the tasks and desorption from the outside. M4-based next-generation hard barrels are made of machined steel, will significantly improve the accuracy of Outer Barrel mounting strength of the surrounding normal parts to replace.

Tightening can be stronger than that by using a special wrench, you can get a sense of improved rigidity and durability of Chile and temper.

I dont understand my sopmods solid as a rock, why does it need improved rigidity? ill wait till it reaches the shops and a we get a product description.

Ok, so, I'm going to have to ask you all to forgive my ignorance again, but will this barrell nut then, not only provide better 'barrel stability' but will it allow the instalation of aftermarket rail systems (being much better and larger? than the silver OEM barrle nut?) without leaving barrell wobble?

Ok me using the term "barrel nut" was a mistake. Its a barrel clip or something. The new Laylax one looks identical in shape but maybe stronger.

See original in this pic

DSC00045.jpg

I'm also sure its same shape as the original and wont solve the "aftermarket rail/barrel nut issue" because in the pictures on laylax site the are using what looks to be the stock barrel nut in combination with it.

hi ben

no difference, really they are identical apart from a 100mm shorter barrel both inner and outer i do believe!

Preemptive Welcome to the sopmod club!

I think even those with carbines or CQB versions or sopmods all generally refer to them as sopmods.

mines still going strong! kicking butt! just in the process of building a new lipo battery for mine, an 11.1v this time.

heres another version i found a while back campaign_p1.jpg

I'm thinking of picking up the TM M4 CQBR thing?

Any differences in reliability or power between it and the original SOPMOD? Anything I should know?

How are people's' M4's doing generally?

Cheers,

Ben.

Edited by Richard Y

Heya, thanks for the reply!

I'm planning on selling off most of my other gear - I only really use my VSR anymore, so it doesn't make sense having all these AEG's lying around. Rather just have one that does everything I need it to, and I refuse to buy a Systema PTW!

Anyone have any idea if there's anywhere I can get one in the UK? I know places like FireSupport have the normal SOPMOD, but I'm only really interested in that CQBR version.

I'm not UKARA, so importing one would be a pain in the *albatross* for me.

Ben.

hop units ten times better on this over the systema one and its 1:1 scale and the weights 3.2 kg, dont get me wrong the systema ones feel so nice but ill take mine any day for half the price.. in my mind as the ultimate aeg.. And at the end of the day we there to play the game and this thing plays it well hehe, i sold up all mine guns for this a year ago, the gun to end all gun purchases i called it.. i treat it like a real workhorse and it just keeps on ticking!

Dont think its out here yet im sure it wont be long, youve got two options either phone firesupport up and get an ETA on the CQB version, as they are always having to order new sopmods. Or buy a sopmod and fit the shorter PDI cqb outer barrel and a inner barrel to match...

The later would be a quicker solution, unless firesupports round the corner with there next delivery... It was on the same flyers as the G36k which is now coming into stock so im sure the cqb isnt to far away..

I've played for the first time with my TM m4 socom. The looks, the feeling, the sound, the shooting and the bolt stop. I can describe it in 1 word: Awesome! :D

Now I was wondering, does it make a big difference for upgrading it? For beeing a stock aeg the range was pretty good...

The hopup units on these guns are ridiculous. Very positive adjustment, very consistent performance and an amazing seal despite the 9 foot long nozzle.

Im very pleased with the MILDLY upgraded performance of my 350 fps blaster. Easily pegging head shots at 120 feet no problem.

got my CQB-R yesterday from redwolf.

Haven't fired it yet... hope it'll be as good as the 'normal' m4 sopmod :)

first thing i'm looking for is how to attach a sling to this thing...

prolly buy a new one... suggestions?

Edited by morb