Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

yeah, I know they have a CQBR Sopmod, thats why I had hopes of them releasing a short barreled socom... seems like I will have to ask a mechanic to chop both barrels and rethread the outer barrel since paying for the first factory outer barrel is too much, come on, its just a chopped barrel :lol:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Guys, can you post your batteries dimensions and the links from where you bought them?

I don't have calipers to check the thickness but :-

125x20x6mm

http://www.airborne-shop.com/

Forget about finding it in their online website. I doubt if you're able to find it there. It's somewhat custom. I don't know where the shop buys it from.

righty....

after reading through the whole of this thread, and speaking to a few well trusted individuals, I am now convinced that this new M4 is the way to go.

I've been disappointed with all this GBBR shennanigans.

And I've yet to find an AEG that tickles my mojo (like my original Marui M4 did back when I first started), so hopefully this will be a full circle experience.

Now...

my question is thus:

Anyone know of a UK supplier that has the M4 Carbine (not one of these silly SOPMOD versions will all the bling on) in stock?

I'm going for a good old fashioned M733 Commando look ala Tour of Duty / Platoon. Yes I know it's either an XM177 or a Colt 653P but you know what I'm getting at.

Something without all the flim flam on.

I've checked FireSupport and Z1, but they only seem to have the SOPMODs in.

****Edit****

or failing that, does anyone know if a Magpul CTR stock and something like WE GBBR M4 handguards will fit on as replacements for the SOPMOD stock and RIS?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers chaps.

Edited by The Chef
Yup that's the one!

Thanks elvis, but the 15C and 1100mah worries me a bit, how better/worse is the trigger response of the battery compared to a 9.6v nunchuck battery? and how many rounds will those 1100mah stand? I usually use semiauto only and spend about 400 rounds per game.

You are welcome The chef, allways pleased to be useful :)

Thanks

Thanks elvis, but the 15C and 1100mah worries me a bit, how better/worse is the trigger response of the battery compared to a 9.6v nunchuck battery? and how many rounds will those 1100mah stand? I usually use semiauto only and spend about 400 rounds per game.

I've only played once with a 9.6V nunchuck, before I switched to that lipo, but I've noticed no difference in trigger response. I had no lockups or anything on semi auto with a lipo... The 15C is the constant discharge rate, but it can have higher peaks if needed (30C)

Elvis, in your pics, it seems to me that the lower rail won't close properly. Just my impression?

I have to use a little force to close the whole thing. Off course not so much force I could damage the battery (that's something nobody wants). The lower still locks into the delta ring, so I guess it's closed.

I've only played once with a 9.6V nunchuck, before I switched to that lipo, but I've noticed no difference in trigger response. I had no lockups or anything on semi auto with a lipo... The 15C is the constant discharge rate, but it can have higher peaks if needed (30C)

I have to use a little force to close the whole thing. Off course not so much force I could damage the battery (that's something nobody wants). The lower still locks into the delta ring, so I guess it's closed.

Yup, I can attest to that, it closes up rock solid, no play whatsoever, when he puts on the bottom cover you can hear a good "pop" when the delta ring slides forward, and in airsoft stuff a pop either means it's broken or it's closed, in this case it's the latter :D

and the trigger response is great !! good stuff for such a small battery, can compete with guys that play 9,6V batts at our field, I've seen some quite jealous looks :P

hey guys,

Im in the process of upgrading this baby and it's kinda not upgrade friendly at all...

question:

1. What metal bushings are everyone using? I have a Systema 6mm one that barely even fits in the hole. I will need to do some carving of the bushing hole to accommodate it.

2. What is everyone using for sling plates? Would RS stuff work?

Man this would be an excellent gun if TM already put metal bushings in it, i mean it's 2010 for godsakes..even the clones have metal bushings!

I dont think it needs metal bushings shooting at 290FPS, or wont need them in a long time.

1.- In theory, any regular metal bushings should fit

2.- there are some sling swivels in ehobbyasia, not cheap though. A GBBR sling swivel should fit with some modding

with a lipo, i won't trust plastic bushings even if it was only a 7.4V.

I think even with the GBB sling plates, modification will be necessary in order to squeeze the wire through it.

I have a chopped JG Sig 552 spring [350 fps], systema 6mm bushings, Infected airsoft mosfet [it's been a nightmare trying to hide all the wiring], and Madbull Shark H-Nub. Wish me luck.

for christ sake dont carve out the bushing holes in the gearbox its meant to be tight to stop the bushings or bearings spining!! use even pressure or a proper bearing tool and hammer them in! if you genuinely dont think they will fit i suggest the promethues bushings or bearings in 6mm i know they will fit.

the guns very upgrade friendly, as with any gun when you first upgrade its new territory

i believe people have had succes with the gbb sling mounts

tokyo marui do 2 official mounts as well that are searchable on most sites now

So I have this ASAP sling plate meant for AEGs just sitting here collecting dust. I'm going to try to dremel the $hit out of it in order to widen the hole O.o

As for the bushing installation, I ordered the airsoft innovations Bushing tool [review here]

I'll try to take some pics of the bushing installation and of my horrid mosfet wiring issue.

Couple of things:

1. has anyone ever notice their TM Sopmod Midcap not feeding consistently? I'm not sure if it's my bbs are the mag just needs to get used a bit, but sometimes, I need to push the mag up and forward a bit so the bbs feed into the hopup.

2. Anyone in the US looking for midcaps for cheap, airsoftatlanta is selling them for $25 a pop.

3. and a pic of my baby, ready to get butchered tomorrow night:

photo.jpg