Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

yeah ive got 5 sets of the standard on route, i say standard its still higher than the normal sopmod gears in torque.

At least now i can develop my stronger range of springs. safe in the knowledge people will have gears that can pull them.

everyone should invest in the laylax locking ring espeicially those running longer springs. It will save your threads life one day. i had a sopmod come in for repair with completely worn stock threads and it brought it back to life..

Hey Richard, are those lipos custom built to order?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Thanks Gunfighter808!

Here's something interesting:

Type-0 Cylinder w/ 6.08mm x 365mm inner barrel + stock hop bucking = up to 342 FPS

Type-0 Cylinder w/ 6.08mm x 286mm inner barrel (custom cut) + stock hop bucking = up to 330 FPS

Type-1 Cylinder w/ 6.08mm x 286mm inner barrel (custom cut) + stock hop bucking = up to 350 FPS

All FPS were measured using Javelin .20g BBs.

Just goes to show that using the right cylinder type helps with efficiency. The Type-0 cylinder is the stock TM M4 SOCOM/SOPMOD cylinder. They Type-1 cylinder is the stock TM P90 cylinder.

Inner barrel/hop bucking is good to go. I'm pretty much just waiting for eHobbyAsia to ship my FF 10.5" outer barrel. Then I'll have a CQB length outer barrel.

***I would chrono with the Type-1 Cylinder and the stock 365mm inner barrel but I don't really feel like sticking the M4 inner barrel back into the gun...too much work for me...plus my hop is already set for Javelin .25g BBs.

Hey Richard, are those lipos custom built to order?

We are now kicking out in the next week are first ones using the new cnc end connector. Its increased the price somewhat also we are paying over the odds for high quality cells, but yeah the first runs mostly going to pre orders, any left over i will list on the shop. Eventually id like to have excess so they will be instock all the time.

7.4v 2400mah is the popular one its got a ROf comparable to a 9.6v pack but you only need the one pack. Trigger response is nice on it too.

We do a slightly smaller mah 9.9v lipo pack which is for those wanting a little faster rof and of course a 11.1v pack for those wanting even more.

I can do 7.2v 2000mah nimh packs but lets face it no one would be willing to pay for a pack which is slower than a normal sopmod pack at twice the price.

6.08mm bore x 286mm length marui inner barrel (cut down). With the stock kwa cqb spring...gun shoots 295-299 fps with javelin .25g bbs . Hop bucking is marui and type 1 cylinder.

Type 1 cylinder, same barrel...same spring...stuck a firefly hard hop bucking and the fps dropped to 287-290 with javelin .25g bbs.

Hop was set for the said weight of bbs before chronoing.

Everything in the gearbox other than the spring is stock.

I love so much my cqbr that I have ordered a sopmod...

Anyway I have a few question, first of all, which is the best hop-up unit to improve accuracy and range?

In this topic I have read about firefly, but on other forums I have read positive opinion on new madbull transparent and black hopup, especially for their custom pressor.

And, I would buy a SOPMOD Block II DD ras, which one is compatibile with stock SRE?

thanks!

Last sunday, I've witnessed a major body crack. The sling of a fellow sopmod user failed. The AEG dropped about 30cm on the tip of the barrel. He just put his hand on the stock to prevent it from falling al the way and the lower receiver just cracked open. The crack was on both sides just where the stock is screwed into the body. Maybe he had a lemon, but it made me realise that although it's TM, it's still made of pot metal.

Anybody else seen things like that happen?

Last sunday, I've witnessed a major body crack. The sling of a fellow sopmod user failed. The AEG dropped about 30cm on the tip of the barrel. He just put his hand on the stock to prevent it from falling al the way and the lower receiver just cracked open. The crack was on both sides just where the stock is screwed into the body. Maybe he had a lemon, but it made me realise that although it's TM, it's still made of pot metal.

Anybody else seen things like that happen?

I've only seen that happen once to a SOPMOD - though not in the way you describe, which is a bit worrying.

One of our team fell on his and it went near the stock - but it's not like these things are at the beefier end of the externals scale (Real Sword, G&P etc).

Only time until aftermarket CNC receivers become available, I reckon.

I love so much my cqbr that I have ordered a sopmod...

Anyway I have a few question, first of all, which is the best hop-up unit to improve accuracy and range?

In this topic I have read about firefly, but on other forums I have read positive opinion on new madbull transparent and black hopup, especially for their custom pressor.

And, I would buy a SOPMOD Block II DD ras, which one is compatibile with stock SRE?

thanks!

are you talking about changeing the hole hop unit or just the hop rubber ? bit confused that was all . need to calm down a bit before you post (these guns can get you a bit over excited ! ;) ) :D

are you talking about changeing the hole hop unit or just the hop rubber ? bit confused that was all . need to calm down a bit before you post (these guns can get you a bit over excited ! ;) ) :D

ops... yes, I'm a little bit overexcited for this fantastic aeg! I'm sorry!

Anyway I would change only the hop-up rubber, not the entire unit!