Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

ive had some in with grub screws and some without, if its loose its probably a grub screw version, slide out the inner barrel and hop unit, youll need a long ish 1.5mm allen key, poke it in the hole underneath the front sight up inot the inside of the top of the outer barrel into a grub screw which is in that.. and tighten it.. this should make the front sight nice and secure.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

After looking at one of Richard's videos I took the barrel assembly off (couldn't believe how easy it was), took out the inner barrel and, though it was a bit fiddly to get the Allan key in, I tightened the grub screw into the top of the front sight and it is now really secure. I was wondering about putting another grub screw in, to tighten against the inner barrel. Would this be a bad thing to do?

My order from Eagle6 turned up this morning and with my new wrench I also managed to tighten the lock nut on the stock. I was a bit concerned in case the threads were a bit damaged after a bit of a fall last Sunday, but the nut was just a little loose.

All ready for Sunday now :)

I've also got a few other bits to fit, but I'll wait until next week to fit those.

I'll post some photo's of my SOPMOD and SOCOM over the next few days, I'm very pleased with them both. The SOCOM is about 18 months old and the SOCOM a month old.

Many thanks again.

Sarah

I think the CQB and SOCOM have a grub screw that can only be accessed by removing the inner barrel, where the SOPMOD does not.

My socom has a 2mm allen screw that secures the front sight in place. It uses a 2mm allen wrench to tighten.

Rich....try using a 2mm alllen screw on the socom. You advised 1.5mm earlier, that might be for the sopmods but not the socoms.

Also, the first factory outer barrel comes with a allen screw that uses 2mm wrenches...the outer barrel also has an o ring at the tip of the outer barrel's bore to center the inner barrel and keep it from vibrating....awesome piece imo :)

Sarah...don't stick another grub screw that digs into the inner barrel. its not necessary.

Also, the first factory outer barrel comes with a allen screw that uses 2mm wrenches...the outer barrel also has an o ring at the tip of the outer barrel's bore to center the inner barrel and keep it from vibrating....awesome piece imo :)

LOL, perfect for 285mm length inner barrels, but that o-ring made it impossible to use longer inner barrels. I wanted to be able to run a 363mm inner barrel with a silencer for different roles, but the o-ring on the CQB outer barrel would cause the inner barrel to bend past it.

LOL, perfect for 285mm length inner barrels, but that o-ring made it impossible to use longer inner barrels. I wanted to be able to run a 363mm inner barrel with a silencer for different roles, but the o-ring on the CQB outer barrel would cause the inner barrel to bend past it.

What are you saying? I'm using a 300mm inner barrel in mine, didn't notice any problems ?!

Well its not the 10$ wrench that's gonna kill it, but the 150$ free float rail :D

http://www.sculesiechipamente.ro/Chei-truse-chei/Chei-gheara-140.html - this is a family of wrenches of the same type, probably available in hardware stores. For example here in Romania I wouldn't find either of the airsoft tools in stores, so it was easier to buy a generic wrench like these.

In English I believe its called a "fixed hook wrench" but I don't have the size (diameter of opening) at hand since I'm at work...

No free floats please, i got a KAC replica rail second hand for the SOCOM and It will stay that way XD my paychecks will be spent on my SOPMOD DMR project and tacticool ACM AK105 :lol:Thanks for the info elanaiba, I added the wrench to the cart and will order it if dynamic's deal does not come to fruition :)