Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

According to the page the price for the piston is 4,095 yen (about 48$). Am I right ?

I just check in echigoya it is only $39 usd

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=323.

im also a prometheus fan though, i will replace my TM recce's internal parts with some promy when they will get older :P

Edited by zaimon

Quick question guys. I'm about to order my self an M4 SOCOM as a Christmas Presant for myself, I plan on keeping it at stock power at least for a while. What ammo do you guys reccomend? I've been using Guarder 0.28s in My G&P CAR-15s lately and can't rate them highly enough, do you think I'll be asking a bit much of the stock spring/hop to use these?

Richard,

should ask the guy with the Army to take pics of the mags too. see if it's exactly the same or a little different.

especially the feed top, cut off lever in back, if it has the 30rd feed block, and spring and follower.

if it's not too bad, at least we'll all get cheap mags out of this release ;)

Kenny's got one down here, and we'll be meeting up on the 2nd, so we'll do a side by side comparison of his and my TM one then.

Just a complete aside, is anyone getting sticking mag springs? (stock TM lo-caps) I keep getting misfeeds on some of them. YES I'VE CLEANED THEM! MORE THAN ONCE.... and still getting the same.

Anyone come up with a solution? I've done a mod to some which has cured it, but need to revisit some of the other mags. But time is an issue at the moment.

Edited by The Chef
  • Like 2

are the coils actually binding to each other or to the sides of the walls? never had that problem yet.

mine is different problem, well maybe.

All of my standard mags tend to compress their springs rather fast now, that leads to a feeding issue. nothing a little stretching won't fix, but, finding I'm having to do that more frequently. granted, I've had them since they were day-1 released and are used a lot. but still......

maybe because of the double stack design, so the wider spring tends to compress more than the regular AEG stock mags I guess.

It's odd, because nobody else seems to have the problem, yet both me and James have the new M4 and we both have feed issues.

Must be something to do with our site.

I don't know where they are binding, but they are binding somewhere.

Basically the feed gets stuck at various points (sometimes more than once in the same mag) and if you give it a bit of a clout, it unbinds and starts to go again.

I've had the mags apart, cleaned them to within an inch of their life, and it still binds. I can't see what''s causing it. there doesn't appear to be any obstructions. But it doesn't like what ever it is.

I was just curious, because both of us are getting the same problem, was just wondering if anyone else was.

9 times out of 10 It's the bb's,

My buddy has a socom, he using only one brand of BB, cause the rest just don't feed, they just don't :P

with polishing,cleaning , the whole shebang,...

one brand of BB's and that's it, and then it feeds great all day long!

but he has said that the only real downside of the marui, and thats the magazines, a little to finicky,

the should have sticked with the single stack

ypu should try all different kinds of BB's, there will be some that feed all the time, you'll see

Edited by blablabla

NICE, Richard! :D

...so how much swearing/headaches/throwing things before you figured out what to do for the full stock? lol... ;)

oh, found someone who took apart the ARMY clone and took pics. interesting, although the manual included states that the cut-out feature is there, there is NO cut-out latch system to this gun. (bottom of the post 3rd to last pic before the pics of the hop unit housing) also the pics with the exploded diagram do not show any cut-out lever on mechbox or bolt release.

http://cinnamon.militaryblog.jp/