Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

kind words there hehe im blushing :P

then my ego kicks in ;) and i sit back basking in my awesomeness :P

Those high powered cells just deliver so much more power.

---------

Side note - AK's ... Not really touched this subject yet as well no ones really sent one through unitll now. I know the springs work fine as they are the same size as the sopmod mod.

My point the recoil, its a bit weak.. i mean weak like a wet fart. it feels ok when firing but the mechnism flaps about looser than a wand up gandolfs sleve.

Im thinking 100% i need to do a recoil spring for this lol

Ok gentlemen, I have a little problem with my Army SOPMOD, maybe this is not the exact place to ask but here it is, I have dissasembled the upper reciever to the point only the upper and the outer barrel are attached to each other, but the outer barrel doesnt come off, dont know if it should slide freely, if theres usually some kind of compund or a screw I havent seen...

I have tried to heat the barrel to soften the compound (if there is one) tried with plyers and nothing, it wont budge, any idea? thanks :)

from what i gather they are identical, it literally just slips in then the collar you put on to the barrel first slides down and you screw it in place, if you ve remcoeved the screw and collar it should pull out.

maybe steriods and some working out could be on the cards :P

A bit of working out is on the list but steroids... well.. not healthy waggle.gif

Now in all seriousness I already tried with some big pliers and even after putting enough force to leave visible dents, i got nothing, maybe I didnt put enough force in fear to break something, which I would want as the upper is basic in building my SBR project... unsure.gif

Can somebody tell me what this is and if it's impt? This little piece fell out of my tm sopmod when I was dry firing with the magazine out(so I am assuming it fell out of the mag well?). I went outside and dumped 82 rounds without this part and the gun performs without a problem. Is this pin important? Where does it belong?

IMG_0938.jpg

Edited by Singuy

Can somebody tell me what this is and if it's impt? This little piece fell out of my tm sopmod when I was dry firing with the magazine out(so I am assuming it fell out of the mag well?). I went outside and dumped 82 rounds without this part and the gun performs without a problem. Is this pin important? Where does it belong?

IMG_0938.jpg

So I take it no one knows what this is?

So I take it no one knows what this is?

Honestly mate I've been sat thinking about this for a good few minutes and the only thing I can think is it's either:

a) the bar from the hop arm which has somehow come lose

or

B) just a left over piece of 'flash' from the manufacturing process thats been left in, or, has fallen in only to subsequently fall out.

I know thats not helpfull but it may put your mind at ease abit, especially seeing as though the RIF still works!

Edited by Number5