Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

hmm it happens in some, usually power related, but basicaly the switch slips up over the trigger becuases its over sl slightly being lifted by the cam lobo on the underside of the gear.

solid trigger pulls and nice batterys should be enough to stop it happening.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Sent AWS several emails from my work and civvie accounts. Would be nice to actually get a response at some point. Although having said that I love the way they're using RichardY's Stealth ECU video on their frontpage whilst thoroughly refusing to build the units he's most interested in.

Edited by hunter512

and they havent done my 1k order which i ordered about 3 months ago for the normal stealth fets which i thought would be a nice thing to order since at the time they had stock, since then they have received stock and sent it to other people.

its pretty crappy if they keep it up they are going to start getting a lot of bad press, you cant keep taking preorders it never works as players get impatient... i just dont do it any more, not for the battery packs when they are in they are in and people can buy them. Everyone knows where they stand then when monies involved.

You probably know this richard but he's got an AWS forum on airsoft mechanics, might be worth posting on there mate asking what's occurring with your £1000 order as after 3 months of no gear I'd be looking at legal action!

Although saying that PsypherVIII hasn't been online since may 24th.

Edited by hunter512

Just wanted to let you guys know I did a little work on a Socom this weekend, Miller's gun:

-Internally a Stock Socom, clocking at ~80m/s (oldish gun)

-it was lately run on a 7.4V 1300 Mah Lipo

-Until it stopped

Now that we opened it up we found the sector gear had some broken teeth. Strange for a stock power level gun.

Anyway, what he put in the gun:

-deepfire 6mm bearing bushings

-Prometheus normal ratio gears (AMAZING Built, oozing technology from every pore)

-Prometheus Piston & Piston head

-Eagle6 110-rated spring

The result was 87-90m/s with 0.25bbs, hopup set. Also running a Koba barrel, which is not a "hispeed" barrel.

Edited by elanaiba

By the way I seem to recall recoil system Pmags being mentioned in March, did anything ever come of this does anyone know?

I think either Echigoya or tokyo model company make them and have them for sale for 8900yen (or something close)

They were custom made but as i understand it they were reliable.

As for factory made versions I dont know. But its only a matter of time.

Just started a thread on airsoft mechanic asking about Stealth's and Raptor's for recoil shock guns, if anyone wants to add their voice it might help?

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4642.0

i also found this in airsoft mechanics and it is really coming soon. wow! :o

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4652.msg44668#new

The prices are expensive for the lower and buffer tubes, they will also come with a new recoil weight and locking ring but youll be looking at the price of a tm sopmod just for the set.. maybe more actually..

technically its a good price for the work involved as you can see for the making of video but still .. not sure whos going to stump up the dosh, espcially since the first 200 units where meant for japan sale only.

The prices are expensive for the lower and buffer tubes, they will also come with a new recoil weight and locking ring but youll be looking at the price of a tm sopmod just for the set.. maybe more actually..

technically its a good price for the work involved as you can see for the making of video but still .. not sure whos going to stump up the dosh, espcially since the first 200 units where meant for japan sale only.

These things will fly off the shelves! Be honest with yourself, you know they will. If I had the money Id get one, but I dont. To be truthfull though I would much prefer, as Elaniba says, an A1 or A2 reciever than a magpul/vltor or what ever it is.

Anyway, if they sell well, they'll make more and the price will drop.

Edited by Number5

lol 500 quid for a lower and buffer tube..

i mean the vltor promtheus upper thats not exactly a hot seller is it.

people dont want to pay 130 for a sopmod lower as it is, i just cant see anyone forking out for it not enough to justify me buying in bulk.

if it was me.. nope i wouldnt id get a TM scar with that money :P

• Like 1

@zaimon, actually, that's the same as this by Richard Y :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=158786&view=findpost&p=2445007

Tirador does things for Echigoya (as well as AirsoftResearchSydicate). I see that he's finally advertised it himself.

though im not a magpul fan, im only interested in the buffer tube.i email him. tdoor told me that the buffer tube has no rail inside. so in this case i can modify my recoil unit like puting a bearing inside

in the back and front so the recoil unit just spinning while moving back and forth.this is cool. the price he stated in the previous page was only for retail . for

group order he will give lower price. lower than i expected .

IMO they tend to produce these for japanese market only ,i think ARS/ Echigoya

do not care much of the market outside japan. i will just keep him asking until he will give

me a chance even just 1 piece of buffer tube in advance. lol

I desperatly want a correct sling mount for my Diemaco SFW.

A guy is making copies. Only problem is tht they are only made for aegs and WA gbbs.

Would it be possible to customize any of those fit a TM ebb? Does anyone have any expirience with moding sling mounts for the Sopmod?

post-64779-0-54538400-1307892185_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71

I desperatly want a correct sling mount for my Diemaco SFW.

A guy is making copies. Only problem is tht they are only made for aegs and WA gbbs.

Would it be possible to customize any of those fit a TM ebb? Does anyone have any expirience with moding sling mounts for the Sopmod?

Gas one + dremel = it fits ! :D

funny story: This past weekend I had a blast with the sopmod, as expected. However, one point I was shooting at an enemy and the gun didn't shoot. Flipped it to auto and no response. Started freaking out that my gun broke but then I completely forgot about the bolt release because Im used to hearing a dry fire even though I run out of ammo biggrin.gif

The 1300 mah battery lasted fine during my play but I guess I was only there for a half day. This is a noob question but I just want to make sure: Does the SOPMOD standard battery lose charge over time? I thought nimh batteries keeps the charge? or does it lose charge more slowly than nicad?

The reason I ask is that I've shot just about 750 total during that day. When i got home to plink around, the battery started to get weak and had trouble pulling semi, if not at all. So, next week, when I play a game that lasts the WHOLE day, I am worried about it dying. I thought 1300 mah will get at least ~1300 shots before it starts dying?

btw, thanks for the help with my earlier questions!