Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Hi there check out eagle6 on youtube Rich has done a video on mag dismantle and cleaning and lots more ,or email him there is nothing he doesn't know sopmods and there brothers ;)

Hey

My friend has a SOPMOD that he wants to sell me, but the bolt stop only works intermittently. Does anyone know what kind of issues the bolt stop has and what causes them? Thanks

I wish I knew what the inside of that building is like. I've seen a photo of the factory in adachi but Im curious if there's any videos with an interviewer walking through the facility. Just thought a company with such age and prestige as marui, they would have a few tours for the public!!

a friend had a sit down interview there they wouldnt discuse what was going on in the factory :( didnt seem to want to give him the tour either.

Theres how marui run and company and then theres how the rest of the world do, if marui was as progressive as some of these other airsoft companies from a company stand point they would be pretty hard to beat.

Have had a scan through but no luck looking so can eny one tell me which bog standard M4 pistol grip (if eny) fit with out modding ? I've found loads about magpul but nothing that I could see about standard pistol grips .

Cheers guys .

Think the od Classic Army stocks are avaliable from Airsoftglobal. Od pistol grip can you get from Tokyo Model Company, Guarder btw. Think that is where I got mine.

Have noticed that the od and tan coloured grips have become a little harder to come by lately. Thinking about the G&P Storm grip now..... A standard pistol grip in od

will probably proove much easier to get hold of.

Edited by arne71

The 'barrel nut' thing that TM uses as stock on the SOPMOD series is actually a lot more like the castle nut on an average buffer tube; more so than it is a RS barrel nut anyway. I've always used my buffer tube locking ring spanner to remove the outer barrel. Various retailers sell those, you should be able to pick one up from one of sites you generally buy from.

• Like 1

I've owed my CQB-R for roughly 2 months and FINALLY fired it for the first time today haha. I don't think I'll be able to go back to a standard AEG ever again, I can't wait to actually get some game time with it.

Oh also I'm guessing everyone else already knows this, but if you want to use a real steel B.A.D. lever, you need to bend it a bit so it doesn't come into contact with the lower and disable the bolt stop function. Here's a pic of how much I had to bend it so that it would still be as flush as possible, but operate correctly.

bad-1.jpg

I've owed my CQB-R for roughly 2 months and FINALLY fired it for the first time today haha. I don't think I'll be able to go back to a standard AEG ever again, I can't wait to actually get some game time with it.

Big smiles all round ? :D

I don't think I'll be able to go back to a standard AEG ever again, I can't wait to actually get some game time with it.

I think that pretty much comes with the territory. I've got a few completely redundant carbines now that I love too much to get rid of, but never get used due to the Socom being so much better. Hell, I'm even forcing myself to leave it at home next weekend to give my M14 a chance!