Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Just to give you guys a heads up franks back onto the bandwagon developing the sopmod mosfet again. Hes very very busy doing preorders but he promises to develop it as soon as possible hes have to redesign it as a two piece design becuase of the cutt off lever bing in a bad place, (where the mosfet chip would be) so now imagine one side in one half of the shelll and the other in the other side of the shell but both in the lower half ? are you picturing it lol ie the top will clip in place.

hes pretty busy so dont email him it will only slow him down as he trys to sort current orders out.

I want to order the m4a1 TM socom overseas because only one US retailer has them and it's 570. If i buy through echigoya-guns, it's 499$ with free shipping. Which ones would you guys go with? is the free shipping offered extremely slow (like 2- 3months). Has anyone ordered from this retailer or had any problems? Will trademarks be burned out when i order them to the U.S. or it be seized by customs? I'm wondering if paying the extra 70$ to airsoftatlanta would be worth avoiding the hassle of all that...

I want to order the m4a1 TM socom overseas because only one US retailer has them and it's 570. If i buy through echigoya-guns, it's 499$ with free shipping. Which ones would you guys go with? is the free shipping offered extremely slow (like 2- 3months). Has anyone ordered from this retailer or had any problems? Will trademarks be burned out when i order them to the U.S. or it be seized by customs? I'm wondering if paying the extra 70$ to airsoftatlanta would be worth avoiding the hassle of all that...

Echigoya is legit. I got my SCAR-L and mags from them. I imagine the free shipping is EMS or at least air mail so at most a week and a half.

Just to give you guys a heads up franks back onto the bandwagon developing the sopmod mosfet again. Hes very very busy doing preorders but he promises to develop it as soon as possible hes have to redesign it as a two piece design becuase of the cutt off lever bing in a bad place, (where the mosfet chip would be) so now imagine one side in one half of the shelll and the other in the other side of the shell but both in the lower half ? are you picturing it lol ie the top will clip in place.

hes pretty busy so dont email him it will only slow him down as he trys to sort current orders out.

Not holding my breath on this, I'll believe it when I see it :whistling:

There's always a risk of customs seizing the gun should you not remove the trades. That's one reason I bought mine locally as I bought it for $500 with a free gun case and the trades intact.

You said you got it from poweredgeusa? I dont see it in stock over there. How long ago did you buy it

Echigoya is fantastic, I highly recommend them. Their shipping is lightning fast (got my RE 15th anniversary M9 3 business days after ordering it). And to answer your other question: They cover up trademarks with black silicone, which can be removed.

guys has any one fitted or know if it is possible to fit a King Arms 12.0 inch (or other size) Tactical Handguard as seen here:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-m4-12-inches-tactical-handguard.html

to a sopmod/cqbr/socom etc! if any one can help with a rough answer id very much appreciate it, ive had no problems fitting a madbull dd rail to my sopmod and im in the process of building a second upper but the shop has told me that its not compatible with the dytac barrels (which ive ordered at the same time)

any info will be very greatly appreciated!

I tried a smaller version of that rail and it works absolutely ok but you need some barrel nut shimms or your barrel won't be fixed. Also you will need shimms to center the retaining nut in the proper position.

(that is with Marui and Laylax outter barrels, don't know about the Dytac ones - they have the barrel nut molded into the barrel).

• Like 1

(that is with Marui and Laylax outter barrels, don't know about the Dytac ones - they have the barrel nut molded into the barrel).

They have the barrel base/C clip moulded on with the Dytac outers, the barrel nut itself is always a separate entity.

Not having a dig, just clearing up the terminology.

• Like 1

Found an odd issue with Fathammer's SOCOM, with the upper and lower separated and the barrel assembly pressed onto the gearbox the gun feeds just fine, with the upper installed the gun will sometimes feed one shot and then not fire. I've tried even placing BBs into the hop chamber directly with no magazine and still they refuse to fire except one shot once in a while no apparent reasoning.

Echigoya is fantastic, I highly recommend them. Their shipping is lightning fast (got my RE 15th anniversary M9 3 business days after ordering it). And to answer your other question: They cover up trademarks with black silicone, which can be removed.

Fathammer, if i order from echigoya and they put on that black silicone, will it leave any residue? I'm kinda anal about pristine trademarks LOL. How long ago did you order from them? How much did you pay for the 3 day shipping? If interficium says that their free shipping will only take a week, i might just go with that...

Fathammer, if i order from echigoya and they put on that black silicone, will it leave any residue? I'm kinda anal about pristine trademarks LOL. How long ago did you order from them? How much did you pay for the 3 day shipping? If interficium says that their free shipping will only take a week, i might just go with that...

When I used to order from Redwolf years back they'd do the same thing upon request. With my experiences they came off clean without any issues.

• Like 1

is the black silicone just like a light layer of black rubber or something? I just have to peel off or i have to put it in some solution to dissolve? I dont order much from overseas so i have no idea. I'm also getting ready to order the SOCOM with echigoya since their free shipping promo. You guys also approve of this retailer so it makes me feel better. saves me 60$ than ordering from airsoftatlanta.

I called a few other US retailers and most of them say that they dont restock this socom or sopmod item because it's too expensive for them lol

It did leave a little bit of residue when I last saw it, but it's nothing that a rag and some rubbing alcohol couldn't take care of. If you order the SOCOM from them, they have a promotion with free shipping at the moment. The gun costs $499 on their site, which is a steal since shipping from Japan is included in that price. And the shipping really is ridiculously fast. I ordered my RE M9 late on a Thursday night, and it arrived the following Tuesday. You should definitely go for it.

Edit - Didn't see that this had another page. The black silicone just peels right off. It's really easy!

Edited by FatHammer

lol thanks. Im going to be making my order tomorrow. I can show off my SOCOM to you guys once I receive it even though it will probably be generic and nothing special. BUT I WILL STILL LOVE IT so ill do it anyways LOL

Also, what is the best bottom handguard rail for the socom? I bought one once for a m4 i had but none of the holes aligned and it was just pretty much..terrible..

Guys

I need a wrench for the sopmod for the delta ring and the castle nut. WGC do 2 wrenches the first factory/laylax one and the gurader one?

Is the first factory one specifically for the sopmod and will it do both the delta and the castle nut?

Thanks

Laylax:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=FF-ACC-SM4RW&search=searchItem&rs=sopmod&catid=&cat=

Gurarder:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GD-TOOL-06&search=special&rs=wrench&catid=&cat=

Edited by TK4235

The delta ring on the Sopmod is not a real delta ring, you won't need the Guarder Wrench for it. It's just a mask held in place by screw on the bottom.

The laylax wrench should work ok, but you can also use a cheaper one:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=GP-ACC-817A&search=special&rs=Tools&catid=55&cat=72

Ok, another question, i've read thru the whole thread, well nearly....and I have a few questions about internal upgrades..

WGC do a magic box cylinder, magic box piston, laylax aero cylinder head, laylax piston head, laylax spring guide, and a prommy air nozzle. Will these parts all work together seemlessly as they are different brands.. Oh I already have an eagle6 M100 spring which I wanna use. The aim is to get to 350fps max for my UK site limit...

RichardY (eagle6 guy) knows best but basically Magic Box stuff is ######.

Laylax & Prommy (same thing) should be G2g. You may want to upgrade your gears for long term reliability, I've seen a set of Socom Gears ruined by a 7.4 1500 Lipo.

A) lots of money -> Promy/Laylax gears set - amazing built, put the movie Transformers to shame so to speak

B) less money -> RichardY told us / sells some no-name gears that are apparently pretty good / superior to the stock ones.

Dan