Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

When I post things does it not appear on here!? lol. I posted this 2 days ago!

But I digress, the recoil weight looks really inpressive and ARS are reputed to make excelent bits of kit.

But TK4235 is right, the price and the 'advised' extras make it a steep undertaking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm almost certainly gonna buy one! buts its pricey.

the new buffer tube will almost certainly be anodised, like their new receivers (which are being anodised as we speak apparently)

You just have to look at it this way.

Its still cheaper than a systema (post necessary upgrades)

its more fun than any other AEG

Its super reliable.

Its fun

J.

I was actually seriously considering getting a Systema until I became a SOPMOD convert.... the plus points for me were the hop unit/accuracy, the recoil of course and the upgrades that have started appearing (still a wee trickle though).... And this new recoil does seem so inviting... again, my concern would be what additional stresses will it put on the gun and what will start failing on the gun as a result?

its advertising for upgrades ;) you only need to upgrade the gears and bushings for the stronger recoil unit. Hornbill ones would be sufficient.

As always upgrading is a personal thing and never something that should be forced on players, its some thing 95% of players simply enjoy doing to there guns.

Hmm, those are a bit of a mixed blessing. While aftermarket parts are always nice, I really don't like white trademarks as a rule, especially on firearms that would not normally have painted trades. There's somethieng very non-militarty about bright white writing all over your receiver!

Now if these people would get off of their combined arses and make an M16A1 and M16A2 receiver I'd be all over that! Seriously, the Recoil shock platform is the best out there, it sucks that you're stuck with ultra modern M4's!

• Like 1

truth is everyone out there wants something different id imagine theres a good market, and the standard tm reciver is 160 quid ... this laylax one might actually be slightly cheaper cerca 120 - 150. Lowers normally being about 100 quid for normal aegs not much of a shock that the laylax version costs a little more... i bet both the laylax lower and upper would really change the "feel" of the sopmod. You know theyed be good quality.

Sorry , I've been out of the loop for a few years...

Does this state of the art TM AEG do something on a significantly higher level than my 5 year old Classic Army M4? I remember that back in the day TM M14 was a true standard setter as far as performance went. Does this have real world better performance ?

Sorry, I'm just trying to see through the marketing fluff that always surrounds "new" things ;)

-stops firing when out of bbs (needs bolt stop press on next mag)

-improved hopup unit (but if you had a very good hopup unit on your CA, not much difference).

-recoil that you can really feel (though you could say its a vibration)

-much better sound and big smile on your face

theres 3 levels of upgrades all coming with 3 levels of cost, low is hornbill, medium is lonex, high is prometheus.

Yes prometheus costs but buying there products is oddly like supporting the sopmod platform. Promys doing great sales with next gen recoil stuff and its prompting them to make all kinds of wried and wonderfull stuff for the next gen retail series...

example if you want that crazy a1 vn receiver maybe 3000 prometheus clubcard points is how to get it.. :P

-stops firing when out of bbs (needs bolt stop press on next mag)

-improved hopup unit (but if you had a very good hopup unit on your CA, not much difference).

-recoil that you can really feel (though you could say its a vibration)

-much better sound and big smile on your face

Cheers for that! I guess the first one is pretty cool (only Systemas had that feature 5-6 years ago:), hop up system has not evolved though from what you are saying... Is TM M14 still the most accurate and long range 320fps AEG that is on the market today? Is this TM inferior to the legendary M14 in that?

And the sound of my CA M4 is what made me buy it in the first place - I thought it was awesome:) Especially when it coupled with the thud-thud-thud that BBs made by hitting my target's chest protector :)

Edited by Ubijza

The hop system on the next gen series is probably the best out there currently. Its the most stable and offers the most amount of adjustment as standard with heavier ammo. when compared to an old style m4 hop setup its about 10 years ahead of it.

EVERYTHING was redesigned with the next gen series, hence the next gen name. It really is an investment if you get one.

And yes to answer your qustion its the same as an m14 if not maybe a little better as its out of a shorter barrel ;)

You have to look at why the m14 was better and it was simply becuase it removed the faults that standard m4 hop units had. The next gen does this too.

Cheers for that! I guess the first one is pretty cool (only Systemas had that feature 5-6 years ago:), hop up system has not evolved though from what you are saying... Is TM M14 still the most accurate and long range 320fps AEG that is on the market today? Is this TM inferior to the legendary M14 in that?

And the sound of my CA M4 is what made me buy it in the first place - I thought it was awesome:) Especially when it coupled with the thud-thud-thud that BBs made by hitting my target's chest protector :)

If you think your CA m4 sounds good, wait until you shoot the sopmod/socom m4 in person...

EDIT:

Where are my manners? received my TM m4a1 SOCOM a bit while ago. It's just a standard set-up (stock internals also) but man do i love this gun. Im glad my TM sopmod has a brother:

img-2039.jpg

Echigoya really knows how to handle trademarks:

img-2040.jpg

Overall, very happy with ordering from echigoya. Highly recommended!

Edited by Honzo

And yes to answer your qustion its the same as an m14 if not maybe a little better as its out of a shorter barrel ;)

Are you saying that it has same range as the TM M14? Even though this M4 has shorter barrel? That would be fantastic! Or does it have merely have the same hop as the M14?