Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Folks, I understand that the Magpul PTS ASAP Sling Plate GBB/PTW Version is the the correct version that will fit both the SOPMOD and SOCOM albeit with a bit of dremmeling.... is this correct? Thx

This is the one I used on both of mine , as you said it does need dremmeling but fits and works fine as long as you take your time 'fetteling' .

http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=2469

It does take a bit of time and effort with the dremel to get the PTS version to fit, but I tend to think the results are worth it when it's done right (since I've done it 3 times now).

That one _Will has linked to will save you a bit of time and looks pretty similar, but it's not a replica of anything that exists in the RS world, so it just depends precisely how picky you are about the aesthetics of your rifle.

What do you guys think of the freedom swivel ring that clamps onto the stock? It looks like a non-invasive way to add a sling mount to your rear. Has anyone tried it?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/freedom-art-swivel-ring-for-marui-sopmod-m4.html

most people wants their m4 retractable stock as compact as possible.this one is not innovative.eats lot of space in the buffer tube.

What do you guys think of the freedom swivel ring that clamps onto the stock? It looks like a non-invasive way to add a sling mount to your rear. Has anyone tried it?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/freedom-art-swivel-ring-for-marui-sopmod-m4.html

You also lose the last stock position if you use this one (same with the Marui SOPMOD sling plate)

TK4235:

The inner diameter of the main opening for the buffer tube needs a bit of work, and the stabilising 'wings' at the side need some material removing from their inner surfaces.

File/dremel for a bit to start with, then have a test fit, and if you're getting close start taking less and less time between pauses to test. You'll find you manage to open up the main opening fairly easily, and you can check that by just removing the buffer tube from the weapon and sliding the plate on. Once that's sorted you can focus on the protrusions, I usually just screw the tube on a couple of threads, try and slide the plate in to it's position, and see which points are binding. Then work on those areas until it sits flush to the back of the lower receiver.

Edited by CKinnerley

So Socom or Sopmod, is the battery storage the only difference?

I cant decide which I'd prefer.

Yup, if I could go back in time, I'd probably buy a SOCOM mostly due to the stock options. The CRANE and VLTOR stocks are nice, but I hate how you're stuck with only those options. I'm switching my VLTOR on my CQB-R over to a Crane.

TK4235:

The inner diameter of the main opening for the buffer tube needs a bit of work, and the stabilising 'wings' at the side need some material removing from their inner surfaces.

File/dremel for a bit to start with, then have a test fit, and if you're getting close start taking less and less time between pauses to test. You'll find you manage to open up the main opening fairly easily, and you can check that by just removing the buffer tube from the weapon and sliding the plate on. Once that's sorted you can focus on the protrusions, I usually just screw the tube on a couple of threads, try and slide the plate in to it's position, and see which points are binding. Then work on those areas until it sits flush to the back of the lower receiver.

Cheers CK..

Yeah, i mentioned the free shipping earlier. It should be to anywhere (or so I would assume). I'm in the U.S. and i receive my socom after 4 days. Trades were intact and contact with the ppl at echigoya was prompt. Go ahead and fill out that order form :) You'll be happy you made yourself do it.

Like richard was saying, some ppl also like the sopmod look, including myself. Well, i have both because I can still use the SOCOM during the winter and still have the beautiful sopmod on my side :P

Holy *suitcase*! Haha, that looks like more recoil then a few GBB that I've seen

Had the same reaction, but I'd have liked to see some shots done on semi. As anyone who's used a TM recoil shock knows, the felt recoil is a lot more impressive on long bursts (since the vibration has a kind of momentum/cumulative effect going on) then it is on semiautomatic.