Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Lol yeah that's me in my avitar but I haven't got my TK, life kinda got in the way but I still have my armour and intend getting it finished to spec at some point.

Your sopmod sounds like it'll be spot on. Mine should remain stock till it breaks..... But I say that every time.

Kenny check out the ukgarrison bro... :)

Re the sopmod I was not really gonna do any upgrades other than a TB, until I started reading this thread..... that sucka sucks your bank balance bro...:D

It's all the advice from the guys on this forum that have helped... so a big up to you all :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Cheers TK got a login for there already I think shall have to get back on.

Socom ordered from Echigoya :) was going to add a locking ring and some mags but then I'd have been charged full shipping only problem with the free shipping offer you can't add anything.

i had the same problem with the echigoya shopping cart. i just contacted them if they can insert my additional order and my request was granted. why dont you contact or email them.

Got these parts coming in for my SOCOM:

Prometheus cylinder head

Prometheus spring guide

Prometheus nozzle

Prometheus piston head

Magic Box piston ( Apparently these are ######? :/ )

Already got:

PDI 6.05 barrel

Eagle6 spring

Dean connector with lipo

Any remarks/recommendations? Maybe get the Prom piston instead? I got the MB one because I couldn't find the Prom piston in stock :/

Edited by Kunlun

Cheers TK got a login for there already I think shall have to get back on.

Socom ordered from Echigoya :) was going to add a locking ring and some mags but then I'd have been charged full shipping only problem with the free shipping offer you can't add anything.

They do free shipping to the UK... Superb! How much did you save there? I've never shipped an AEG from HK......mmmmm

Would be interested to know what UK customs slaps on and also the so called parcel force fee (which you don't have to pay!!!)

Got these parts coming in for my SOCOM:

Prometheus cylinder head

Prometheus spring guide

Prometheus nozzle

Prometheus piston head

Magic Box piston ( Apparently these are ######? :/ )

Already got:

PDI 6.05 barrel

Eagle6 spring

Dean connector with lipo

Any remarks/recommendations? Maybe get the Prom piston instead? I got the MB one because I couldn't find the Prom piston in stock :/

As you are going mostly for Prommy parts, i'd go the whole hog and make sure all the internals are the same. Then you at least are guaranteed compatibility..I'd also get a prommy cylinder too if you really want to, however there really is nothing wrong with the Marui cylinder....

Aye TK it would seem so, I checked shipping would have been around $75 so 50 quid saved. I've had a mixed bag from customs its just your luck. When a team mate and I both bought gas guns a week apart on my card only one got any charges.

Hope I don't get hit as a TM recoil shock for a little over 300 notes is great :)

Aye TK it would seem so, I checked shipping would have been around $75 so 50 quid saved. I've had a mixed bag from customs its just your luck. When a team mate and I both bought gas guns a week apart on my card only one got any charges.

Hope I don't get hit as a TM recoil shock for a little over 300 notes is great :)

I just got a $250 shipment from ehobbiasia and did not get charged anything extra. Guess it's just the luck of the draw... :)

Received and installed some new parts yesterday, much thanks to RichardY for the how-to video on Youtube, I haven't worked on an AEG in a good 6-7 years. Pretty soon I'll finish up all the Prometheus internals and possibly that new hard recoil system when it comes out.

- G&P Knights Armament Style Flash Hider - It looked a lot more like the real steel version in the picture

- Magpul PTS MIAD Grips - Very true about the plastic base not working with the gun, attempted all adjustments and it just wouldn't work, I got a metal base plate coming in hopefully tomorrow.

- Eagle 6 M110 Spring

- Eagle 6 Recoil Spring

- Prometheus Spring Guide

- Prometheus Cylinder Head

- Prometheus Air Nozzle

- Lonex Anti-Reversal Latch

- Dark Earth SOPMOD Crane Stock - Didn't like the look of the VLTOR stock

300253_1926477614066_1605930950_1535400_1648373322_n.jpg

300658_1926477854072_1605930950_1535401_235718776_n.jpg

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Akira, what fps are you getting with this setup now?

I presume you have no TB installed?

Totally agree on Richardy's eagle6 sopmod videos... they are darn good and a very good reference point... :)

Unfortunately I have no idea, I don't own a chrono (yet), at the next game I'll ask to use one of the other players chronos. As for the tightbore, I have a 300mm Prometheus 6.03 barrel installed.

Unfortunately I have no idea, I don't own a chrono (yet), at the next game I'll ask to use one of the other players chronos. As for the tightbore, I have a 300mm Prometheus 6.03 barrel installed.

With the eagle6 M110 and your upgrades I expect the fps will be between 330-350fps, well that's what i'm hoping for as I have the same upgrades as yourself waiting to be installed :D