Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

It has a low friction coating but to be honest if yours is clean and correctly lubed I doubt you'd notice any difference.

But it's so shinny...

All upgrades have to be put in to terms of very small percentage increases. Most fps upgrades example a new piston head is only a 1% increase if the old one was working fine. Same goes with rof upgrades like bearings and cylinders, do you instantly see benefits no, not in your face benefits, but it's all cumulative and several 1% can soon add up.

Also ask your self If you enjoy buying parts for your pride and joy if you do, you've quickly answered your question.

If you have a nextgen and 5 other normal aegs you use too maybe it's not as cost affective buying promy parts... There's no right or wrong just lots of different players.

guys, got an extremely noob question. So, i have the socom and sopmod. I want to put the sopmod rails onto the socom. I remember someone saying a few pages back that it would be a drop in fit.

Question is, How do i get the battery into the peq box by configuring the wires? do i have the cut that stock plastic wrap that holds the wire to the barrel and then just fish it through one of the holes (from the rail) into the peq box? I've never configured to an external peq box.

Thanks as always to this great group of sopmod lovers!

Shiney things are nice :)

I see your point about all the 1% increases in upgrade.

My sopmod will be my primary and my pride and joy (hell she even has a real steel comp M2) lol

Oh well, I may as well go the whole hog now seeing it's gonna have hardly any TM internals anyway.

I'm drawing the line at the gears until they go pop though. Primary aim is accuracy and range.

One question, is the stock marui motor good enough or should one upgrade that too?

Anyone know about how much a used sopmod rail could go for?

A whole upper (minus the charging handle and hop assembly) which includes the RIS with the mounting hardware, 10.5" outer barrel with front sight, and upper receiver sells for $200+ on ebay.

Any part is worth as much as how much a person is willing to pay for it (or get for it). However much it is though, you can subtract that to the cost of your DD rail :P

Personally, I'd pay as much as $50 for one (shipped) if I were in the market for it.

If it was me because the Sopmod ris is a straight fit I would try and fit slimline battery's under the ris, I almost have enough bits at home to build a Sopmod from scratch lol.

You may need to grind the barrel or inside of the ris a little but I personally love the idea of ris + Crane stock .... I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You may need to grind the barrel or inside of the ris a little but I personally love the idea of ris + Crane stock .... I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I was close to front wiring my CQB-R just so I could put a CTR stock onto the gun, while I do love the CTR stock, it was mostly due to me hating the VLTOR stock. Though once I found out they sold FDE Crane stocks it changed my mind, definitely have to agree that ris+crane is a sick setup.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

This is what's going to be awesome about the Sopmod raptors when they come out, if you want to front wire your Sopmod just buy the front wire version, I mean I know the aws fets arnt ever 100% easy with the way they do there wiring but hopefully it will be close as possible to an effortless install.

ATM its easyer fitting ris to socom, than front wiring Sopmod.

Yup important that if you make a new wiring extension that you still install 1.8mm spades to match the ones on the wiring coming from the gun. Equally when front wiring a Sopmod, you do the same so that you have the ability to remove the upper receiver / install the upper receiver.

This is what's going to be awesome about the Sopmod raptors when they come out, if you want to front wire your Sopmod just buy the front wire version, I mean I know the aws fets arnt ever 100% easy with the way they do there wiring but hopefully it will be close as possible to an effortless install.

ATM its easyer fitting ris to socom, than front wiring Sopmod.

Richard does this mean with the front wired Raptor one looses the rear battery? As im running your super Lipo will I have to buy a rear wired Raptor? Or will they do a dual combo front and rear wire too? At least with a dual combo one can continue using your LIPO or swap to front if heaven forbid it ran out of juice.