Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Yeah I haven't really had out gunned issues myself either, actually had a few people say they were surprised by my range. Mostly I just want every advantage I can get, if through barrel won't help much, that at least saves me money.

Weekeny - Just remove the end cap of the tube and you're good to go, don't need remove the tube or anything. To change only the recoil spring will take a good 30 seconds.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

I had the same happen with Fathammer's when ever I tried to get it open, instead take a nice good flat head screwdriver and small hammer place the screw driver in the slot at the edge halfway sticking out and angle so when you rap it with the hammer it will turn the cap in the direction you want it to turn, one good whack should break it loose, afterwards clean and apply a tiny amount of dry lube to the threads.

IMAG1398.jpg

Classic Army SIR and #40 BUIS bolted on.

Battery used is a Hyperion 7.4v 2100mah 25C lipo. I have the gun wired for deans plugs. The battery is "fitted". It's fairly snug along with the wiring. No rattling and no snagging of the battery or wiring.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

**** end cap seems stuck oh well once I have the tool I'll do it from the other end.

No you cannot do it from the other end... the stock tube is caped behind the gearbox spring guide, you cannot access and remove the recoil weight from there.

The socom handgaurd is quite good for battery fitment plenty room for std mini batteries the barrel is flattened on the underside to make fitment easier and the lower gaurd has tabs to stop the battery sliding about.

Personally opted for a 7.4v 2200mah lipo as I'm sick of small lipos in my PDW not lasting a day. Aslo plenty room for a battery monitor and the Leds can be seen through the holes in the lower guard.