Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

I Found this in ARS website. OMG! it is really coming this October 28 at Echigoya . I thought it was already forgotten

ARSLR.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ8EuY-JbRw

i hope the price is not a sky high . i would love to get this one to pair with my ARS CNC buffer tube and SURUS

Edited by zaimon
  • Like 1

Kenny... yup mine was doing similar out of the box too.... until I took it apart... haha.

I may just regrease the piston and see if that helps....The m100 is taking it to about 320-330fps.

so I figure stick in a m110 and see if I hit the magical 350fps.... :)

Just had one of rich's M100 springs in mine... with some steel gears, prometheus bearings and a prom my tight bore, but the rest is standard. Shoots 340 to 350 fps....Tasty.....

Edited by ADnams

Just had one of rich's M100 springs in mine... with some steel gears, prometheus bearings and a prom my tight bore, but the rest is standard. Shoots 340 to 350 fps....Tasty.....

This is what I don't get.... I have the M100 in mine and all pommy parts except standard gears and bearings... but mine does between 320-330fps...so what have I done wrong?

Sounds like a poor air seal, did you check the compression of the cylinder assembly before you put it back?

Also did you check the hop rubber was still correctly seated once the chamber was on? I.e. The lip was still round the end of the barrel and not pushed up the barrel by the chamber.

These are regular AEG problems don't know if there is anything elae specific to the new box.

Sounds like a poor air seal, did you check the compression of the cylinder assembly before you put it back?

Also did you check the hop rubber was still correctly seated once the chamber was on? I.e. The lip was still round the end of the barrel and not pushed up the barrel by the chamber.

These are regular AEG problems don't know if there is anything elae specific to the new box.

The compression is spot on... When I pushed the piston into the cylinder and then placed my finger over the air nozzle, I could not push the piston further until I released my finger...... so that is not the problem...

The hop was also seated fine... this was tested by looking through the barrel and seeing the firefly's "nodules/fingers" coming through the hop unit..I think I could only see 2 perhaps 3 of the fingers though and not all 4.... (Don't know if that makes a difference or not...) The shims were all put back into the same place... and the sector gear put back at 90 degrees...(as per Richard's video)...

Another thing, i'm using a madbull chrono and all shots are not consistent ...I even got one at 421fps!!! so today I got 333, 323, 316, 421, 316, 330, 310 fps all on semi... something is not right.... surely all shots should have the same fps give and take a few fps? Does the hop need bedding in first do you think?

Edited by TK4235

Cylinder sounds fine no need to re-grease too much can be as bad as too little but sounds just right at the moment.

With the hop I didn't mean the 'nub' bits I've seen these ok but the lip that seals the air nozzle has still been pulled up, when the barrel is out the hop wraps round the end, the lip formed seals to the air nozzle you should still see this lip when it is in the unit correctly, unless using a madbull red rubber you may need a torch to see it right.

I've heard poor reports about the Madbull chrono. All my shots on semi were within 6fps.

Yup may well be the madbull chrono... think i need to borrow a mates Gurader one and see what the chrono is then...

Going back to the hop unit, I know I had problems sliding the barrel back into the hop unit and let's face it, one has to give it a good shove to get it in :bleh: but if im being honest, I did not check if I could see the lip... I just looked through the unit and my eyes were focused on the 'fingers'. Perhaps I may have damaged to rubber?

Could be the chrono as I experienced a lot of different readings with a Madbull chrono. When using a M90 Eagle6 spring and testing with a Xcortech chrono I got about 330 fps (+-5 fps) with 0.20g and a Prometheus soft hop up bucking (purple one). Everything else is stock.

All my internal parts arrived to install in the SOCOM! I'll take a picture tonight and probably will install it tuesday :-)

Edited by Kunlun

All my internal parts arrived to install in the SOCOM! I'll take a picture tonight and probably will install it tuesday :-)

IMG_1269.jpg

:wub:

Also got a Prom Piston but couldn't find it for the family pic :(

Edited by Kunlun