Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

i may do yet! they guy i got it from lied about just about everything about it, its costing me a fortune to fix it. Recce sells for a lot Recce replica though im not sure if it has the same sexy sales appeal.

It needed a new lower reciver, stock tube, hard stock peice, theres 1 missing battery, the other doesnt work and currently the ris is broken too. Suffice to say i payed to much and got a lemon.

But i shall breath life back into this monstrosity, Im really tempted by your idea actually. Never really been an outsides person dispite that epic m16a3 i built, i ll have a look on some sites for a front end which might fit. Maybe turn this into something we might claw me back some cash. at this point id be happy breaking even.

ok so running with this and doing some searching, even though im technically meant to be at the workshop doing guns :P

TM-DDRR-1L.jpg

Check out that RIS i cant seem to find anything Exactly like it

Ive found the barrel..

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/dytac-16inch-mid-length-outer-barrel-assembly-for-marui-m4-ebb-black.html

and a 4x ACOG to site on top.

and stock http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-m4a1-le-tactical-sliding-buttstock-black.html

maybe i move it somewhere between recce and i am legend.

i-am-legend-hero-m4.jpg

I checked the madbull site they dont do anything exactly like the RECCE RIS unfortunatly it appears to be unique.

looks like this is the closest.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-daniel-defense-lite-rail-9inch-picatinny-handguard-black.html

Hard laylax stock peice on it was broken too, no firefly hop rubber when i opened it up, so thats two highlights of the sale gone. Broken lower, broken ris, broken stock tube threads. Motor pinion striped. and it was all loose as *fruitcage*. Missing battery pack and adaptor, and the other doesnt work. Promises of the missing RIS peice and battery when he gets round to it. My mates picked it up and said you paid what for this... But i knew there would be a broken reciever and pinion, but the rest all came as a bit of suprise.

If i can sell the 8 mags separate and eventually get and fix and sell the two battery packs and put a lot of TLC into this gun and send it of for a decent spray job .. i may break even... maybe..

I knew the guy too, hence why ive struggled to get a refund and im ending up having to settle with some cash back (not arrived yet) and the promise of those missing items at some point, oh and it arrived in a gun bag.. no box, delivered in a bag.

Suffice to say it was a pretty bad deal, no point dwelling on the lemon, time to make some lemonade ;)

Lets face it if i didnt take it on no one would, and it would have either been passed around as spares or left in a box some where.

AFAIK, the final design is as per my post here. You can see in the last pix, they had already made so many of those :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/158786-initial-impressions-of-the-tm-sopmod-m4-aeg/page__view__findpost__p__2492037

However before they got there they tried quite a few different designs :-

SURUSBetas.jpg

That enhanced SURUS or whatever it's called is still not out yet. I'm not sure how far they are with their patent. AFAIK, I have only played with one prototype and don't know if they have more. i.e. how far along they are into mass production vs concept, I don't know.

P.S. I'm stating my opinion, i.e. I'm not trying to sway sales either way.

Folks

I've just received my prommy cylinder and am thinking i've been given the wrong one.

The one I have is labelled Prometheus Stainless Hard Cylinder for a Marui AEG Type A 451mm to 550mm. However on the packaging it says Version VII which is Version 7. Is this the correct cylinder for the sopmod or the EBB gearbox? Also there are no ports on the sides of the cylinder but it is ribbed.

Technically speaking the version 7 is 1mm longer than the normal normal version 2 A type.

What this means is try and fit it, its either going to fit and be a better tighter fit than normal, or youll have trouble closing the casing, if thats the case turn it on its end and rub it once or twice on a peice of sand paper agasint a hard flat surface.

Most sites and places dont see any difference between the two products... hence why they have no problem sending out one as the other. Not everyone is as nerdy as me when it comes to internals.

I dont blame them, most of the time gearbox shells are off spec and loose any way so probably all the time no one notices...

Also when installinga normal one in an m14 it fits and works its just a fraction loose. No detrimental effects..

Theres usually one rule IF a company has taken the time to come up with a product dispite what the general internet does theres usually a reason, dispite how tiny the difference.

Take the scar piston, it fits and works in the AK recoil gun BUT there is technically a specific AK piston which will do a more proffessional job.

Edited by Richard Y