Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

You know I was very close to buying one haha, would be hilarious to use at some of the fields that I play at. Though in the end, the gun is already heavy enough for me, don't even want to think of the weight after adding a m203 launcher and grenade on the front.

:D I do have a mini launcher (a mosquito or something similar) which I have never used....and two shells... it would look nice on bottom of your rail... anyway, I think it comes to a point when one has to say enuff is enuff... lol

@Kenny, yes I remember the setup now.... (was late when I read it)... I do want to change my Marui stock but as I have ean eagle 6 battery, my options are limited.... think Marui do a Vltor type EBB stock too...mmmmm (google time)...

For anyone in the UK wanting a SOPMOD or SOCOM I have just seen that FireSupport have a 10% sale on all Marui AEGs.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/newsdetail.php?story=221

That's a pretty good discount, and probably makes them the cheapest in the country - £405 for a SOPMOD.

That might just be enough to nudge me from 'thinking about it' to 'actually doing it'…

Edited by SixtyNiner

For anyone in the UK wanting a SOPMOD or SOCOM I have just seen that FireSupport have a 10% sale on all Marui AEGs.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/newsdetail.php?story=221

That's a pretty good discount, and probably makes them the cheapest in the country - £405 for a SOPMOD.

That might just be enough to nudge me from 'thinking about it' to 'actually doing it'…

Hmmm...Echigoya has the sopmod and socom for 318gbp (socom) and 337gbp (sopmod) shipped to any country.

Tk & weekenny - Seems everyone wants what they dont have haha, I got rid of my Vltor stock and replaced it with a crane.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

OMG only £318 for a SOCOM..... that's is stupidly cheap!!!! Why did you have to go and tell me that...lol ;

Don't forget import duty and another £8 parcelforce handling fee so that could be another £60 on top of that price.....

Kenny... you got your SOCOM from Echigoya didn't you? How much import tax did you get stung for (pm me this if you want to..)

Edited by TK4235

Hmmm...actually the RIS II is a lot narrower than the AR15 lite. So I don't think even the nunchuck Lipo will fit in there. You may have to go external PEQ. One possibility is to go for?an outer barrel with cavity (image taken from http://honeybee.militaryblog.jp/e250600.html) :-

saltspop.JPG

Jeepers, I just looked at the rest of the Bumblebee/Honeybee site and there's tonnes of other ideas on customising your M4.

Edited by AnakChan

OMG only £318 for a SOCOM..... that's is stupidly cheap!!!! Why did you have to go and tell me that...lol ;

Don't forget import duty and another £8 parcelforce handling fee so that could be another £60 on top of that price.....

Kenny... you got your SOCOM from Echigoya didn't you? How much import tax did you get stung for (pm me this if you want to..)

mine only $10+ for the handling fee. echigoya put only $110 usd in the invoice. 70% lesser from the original price: :)

The Stock TM has a cavity, but I may try and mill the cavity down to nothing on the bottom so the battery butts right up against the inner barrel.

So like the 2nd pix. This is actually the original Sopmod. As you can see my cavity here was created for my SW-AB-Long, but yes you could make it longer (but deeper??) for the Lipos :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/158786-initial-impressions-of-the-tm-sopmod-m4-aeg/page__view__findpost__p__2298963

I can go checkout the Bumblebee ones out for you again but if I'm not mistaken the cavity there is already narrower/deeper than the stock TM cavity (esp the 16.0" version but that may be too long for you).

I got mine for £300 with the free shipping deal. Duty isn't applied to all shipments some get through ;)

• Like 1

I got mine for £300 with the free shipping deal.

Wow - that is an amazing price. I stand corrected (and very tempted).

The advantage of buying in the UK is any defects are covered by a warranty and faulty products are easier to return. Still, it's a good price and I would imagine 99%+ of Marui products are good to go.

airsoft is like a drugs, if you buy it in your local retailer the price is high,if you buy it direct from the source then it is cheap.lol.

And it doesn't matter how much you have, you always want a little bit more…

Edited by SixtyNiner

And I wouldn't ever advise anyone to count on being one of the lucky few that manages to entirely avoid the fees. Purse strings are tight, and it's a good source of tax income for the government, they aren't going to let you get away with it easily. Depending on the declared value of the package, you'd could well be looking at £80+ in VAT and Import Duty.

Hold the press... i'm considering selling my SOPMOD! :fear2:

Am gonna strip the sopmod back to vanilla though but leave the eagle M100 in...

Sell the SOPMOD lipo battery seperately.

However, I'm gonna keep my SOCOM and put the pommy parts into it.

May also get rid of my Masada PTS as I don't use her.......