Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Kunlun - You ever diagnose your bolt stop issue?

Nah, haven't looked at it yet. My AWS Sentry mosfet is arriving next week @ my gunsmith and I am gonna let him install the mosfet and Prometheus gears. I will ask him to look for the bolt catch issue aswell, I have been busy with a KWA MP7 I just bought for a very good price :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

I'm thinking of getting the freedom art mag. Is it hard to put in? how does it work exactly? (is it permanent or can i exchange it between my recoil marui rifles?) I'm wondering if it's cheaper to just buy a freedom mag pipe and use my regular hi caps because the specialized sopmod hi caps cost close to 60$

I'm thinking of getting the freedom art mag. Is it hard to put in? how does it work exactly? (is it permanent or can i exchange it between my recoil marui rifles?) I'm wondering if it's cheaper to just buy a freedom mag pipe and use my regular hi caps because the specialized sopmod hi caps cost close to 60$

hi caps... /throws up in own mouth.. :P

Clarification? I use the Freedom Art Mag Pipe but what's the "Freedom Art Mag" itself? I use the Mag Pipe all the time 'cos I want to use my PMags (and I don't care about the bolt stop feature). The Mag Pipe has an O-ring and has never fallen out of the hop chamber BB feed even when I yank out my PMags. The only cost is a few extra BB's wasted in the Mag Pipe.

Edited by AnakChan

There's a great review of the AWS mosfett in this months Airsoft international. Makes for a good read. Looking forward to installing the socom version when it arrives. Do we have an ETA?

They are great, have one in a PDW, don't want to internal play with the Socom but its only a switch.... lol (I know thats how it starts)

They are great, have one in a PDW, don't want to internal play with the Socom but its only a switch.... lol (I know thats how it starts)

You know you want to play with the internals... go on.... how can you resist the temptation? lol

So in theroy, everyshot with the mosfet should be the same as the gears all recyle to the same point which means the piston will always be in the same place for each new shot? So the fps should be very consistent?

On any AEG the piston is always released from the same mount of pull back so there will be no change in consistency. It is only the at rest position that the fet keeps the same, long term this is better for your spring but shot to shot you'll not notice a difference.

The full cycle completion is most useful when shooting auto as there is no risk of you leaving the spring compressed. Unlike a normal AEG that stops anywhere in the pull back part of the cycle the fet makes sure it stops after a completed cycle.

• Like 1

The bolt catch on the sopmod wont close if the pistons pull back. Just sopmods..

No one can ever get consistent fps results its a pipe dream becuase of the variable nature of the hop rubber and its pressure on the bb as it goes past. The more hop the more chance for variation.

@anachan

Sorry, that's what I meant, the mag pipe. So, say if you want to start using the original sopmod caps, do you just get tweezers and just yank it out of the feed port and just put it back in when you want to use regular aeg mags? How do you put it in there in the first place?

@ snoopy

I did, the army sopmod high cap i had stop feeding. I wind the wheel but nothing is feeding through the mag. Maybe I should take it apart and see what's up (spring is worn out maybe?). The thing is, i picked up a SCAR so I'm going to need another hi cap if i want to lend it to someone.

So....at airsoft atlanta a sopmod hi cap is 55.99 (good lord). Freedom mag pipe is 8$....... Thoughts? It seems like installing is easy for the mag pipe but i just wanted to be fully informed about it! :)

My recoil TM rifle count: 2 (SOPMOD and SCAR) .... which was the product from 7-8 AEGs lol

The thing is, i picked up a SCAR so I'm going to need another hi cap if i want to lend it to someone.

So....at airsoft atlanta a sopmod hi cap is 55.99 (good lord). Freedom mag pipe is 8$..

Your a braver man than me , NO ONE touches my EBBs let alone lend them out ! Only people who are allowed to touch or I'd even consider lending too are a couple of team mates (who are also very very good friends) who already have EBBs of there own !

And hi-caps are smegma from the devils foreskin ! Sell more kit and get some more mids ;-)

LOL you speak the truth, the only person I'm lending to is my brother (he helped me paid for the monster of a price tag to obtain this scar). I only trust him with it. No one else is allowed to touch it otherwise (not even friends LOL)

at airsoft atlanta sopmod mid caps are still 35$!!!!! as opposed to 56 for the hi cap....

Any word on if the split barrel base works with the Madbull barrel nut?

Also installed a pommy spring guide (cheers Richard) and netted about 5fps now average 300fps with the hop set.

Oh and the Component Shop 1450mah split lipo fits great in a DD lite rail but will not go in the Mk18 rail the lite has way more room.

is there any way to make pmags fit and that the bolt lock still works "?

Yes, I bought a real steel pMag and began the modifications. Honestly I could get it to work, though I'm afraid to modify the internal to get it to fit perfectly. The biggest thing preventing me is that Magpul PTS told me in August that they had plans to release a pMag for the Recoil & Shock models by the end of the year. The last time I emailed them, they again mentioned that it was still planned, though they no longer mentioned this year.

If Magpul PTS changes their mind and say they won't make any, then I will then do the mods to the internal to get them to work with real steel pMags.

LOL you speak the truth, the only person I'm lending to is my brother (he helped me paid for the monster of a price tag to obtain this scar). I only trust him with it. No one else is allowed to touch it otherwise (not even friends LOL)

at airsoft atlanta sopmod mid caps are still 35$!!!!! as opposed to 56 for the hi cap....

Fair comment if he has a 'fiscal' investment in it then , my big worry when lending kit is other people (seems no matter how good a friend they are) just don't look after it , and the amounts of money and 'blood sweat and tears' we've all invested in them just isn't worth the risk .

As to the mag problem I'd say get the mag adaptor and keep saving your dosh for the mids , I've said it before but for me the lock is the total game changer . I'd give up the recoil before the mag lock .