Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Wondering how I can install a MOSFET into my gun, getting tired of waiting for AWS, seems like they'll never release it (especially considering that all their other products are out of stock). I'd imagine installing it in a SOCOM would be pretty easy, though a rear wired has me curious.

UPDATE: Okay, what I think I'll try to is to shove a mosfet into the stock. While this will prevent me from fully collapsing my stock, I actually don't ever collapse the stock any further then what I'd need to fit a MOSFET inside. Now I just need to find a quality and preferably small sized mosfet.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

@ akira: AWS Sentry? :)

Seems AWS is out of stock of that as well haha

I believe I've posted before on a front-installed FET (in my case, Extreme Fire's SW-AB-LONG). Out of curiosity, where in the stock would you install your FET and how will you run your wires?

Well I've already converted to a deans connector when I bought the gun, so it'd be right behind the buffer tube. The only hard part would be routing the 24awg wire with the two wires thay are already there.

Nah, haven't looked at it yet. My AWS Sentry mosfet is arriving next week @ my gunsmith and I am gonna let him install the mosfet and Prometheus gears. I will ask him to look for the bolt catch issue aswell, I have been busy with a KWA MP7 I just bought for a very good price :)

Bad news, my gunsmith finally got his AWS order (after being stuck for 2 weeks in customs) but no Sentry mosfets were included :( Just the Stealth and Raptor for reg V2 GB :( Guess I will have to run mosfetless for now, which is no problem but I was kinda looking forward to that Sentry mosfet :/

Ah well, on the other hand I can save some dineros for the New Gen V2 specific mosfet which hopefully won't take ages to come out ...

Edited by Kunlun

Strange it has not been mentioned around...

Cheaper EBB MAGS from battleaxe

Hope some other shop stock them and can save some money in the shipping... =S

They were mentioned in a couple of other threads, though yeah they still scare me. Like I mentioned in the other threads the bb hole looks like someone took a file to it, makes me concerned with it's overall quality. If you're worried about eBairsoft, I've done a few orders with them recently and everything went some what smooth. Three of my four items arrived in only about a little over a week after ordering, though my last item (holster) was only sent out yesterday, so that item is going to take about 3 weeks total.

Yes, I read the other threads, I meant that being this the "official" SOPMOD thread, I thought it was strange that it had not been discussed here more throughly...

I have made my fairly share of orders to EBB, so we know each other quite well :lol: so I know any order will arrive, late, but will arrive, and if it doesnt, paypal will take care of any issues as fast as they take my money, my main concern is that maybe buying from a shop with no "free shipping" I will be able to save some euros.

Will wait until someone buys some of these mags and make a test. but Its fun ACM brands release something before the reputable brands like PTS and their PMAGs