Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

It's strange because when i shoot it on full auto, all the BBs fed. But on semi, it tends to skip or not feed. And i tested on 4 different sopmod mags. Same problem. I really dont want to take it apart though lol i might mess it up more than it is now.

Take the front body pin out and try sliding the receiver forward then back in place see if that has any effect on it , my sopmod some times has feed issues when I change the receiver (I have a couple of complete receivers sets a DMR , an M4 tactical and an 'old school' M4 ) and this normaly solves the feed issue .

Edited by druid799
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Finally tried an 11.1v LiPo battery and wow I really want a LiPo battery now. The trigger response was instant and the recoil was nice and hard, probably due to the quicker snap of the system.

For the guys running LiPos, what charger are you using?

Edited by akiraspeedstar

I run a PORTE Balancer/Charger, thus far it has been good, but it is a "dumb" charger, as in it does not auto balance, you have to unplug the balance/charger from the wall and it will balance the cells. It is also small enough for you to tuck it on your kit and use it to spot check battery voltage in the field.

druid, i tried your method first since it was more simple but no fix! :(

Ill look into the gearbox during the weekend when I have more time like TK recommended. Any other ideas till then, let me know!

and thanks for the replies! if anything, i'll just shoot it on automatic :P

Just make sure you have the right tools and you'll be away. Pay attention the the bolt stop mechanism, the charging handle and the blowback mech. Also when you do take the gearbox out of the receiver there is a little spring which is held in place by a Philips screw. Be carfeful when you unscrew that screw (lol) the spring is kinda under tension and it may fly off never to be seen again.

I'm running into a weird issue while upgrading my SOCOM, after swapping to Prommy gears the gun will only cycle a few times then the trigger become unresponsive, and the battery wires get HOT. Right now I have the gearbox out with no piston or cylinder in it just to allow the gears to cycle with the grip mounted on.

Soupdate to my problem with the weird feeding issues (it didnt feed on semi but it fed on auto). I ordered a freedom art mag pipe and each BB fed flawlessly! (both on semi and on auto). I am happy with the adapter because now i can use my pmags!!!!

Edited by Honzo

Well I finally jumped on the TM EBB band wagon, and love the rifles!

I'm yet to skirmish with them, but my test shoots have made me smile...trouble is, I couldn't just stop with the Sopmod...

post-78551-0-93305600-1329424795_thumb.jpg

Just on a quickie for anyone that may have looked at this; is there an upgraded/replacement stock for the Sopmod? The gun feels so great and well built, right up until the cheap feeling stock. I even considered a front wire, but i'm sure I couldn't get a battery under that RIS (and I hate battery boxes!)

I would suggest settling down for a nice long read and go through this thread. All your questions have already been answered. But one thing the forward wired socom in many ways is better than the sopmod, as you can use any batteries with it, a nice 7.4lipo 2000mah battery fits perfectly in the forward grip. The 7.4 lipo will give you the equivilant of a 9.6 nimh battrey in performance.