Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

I had my friend install it for me, but I've read the how-to's and it's kinda tedious, but once it's set...it's pretty much good to go. I didn't notice any increase in fps, if anything, it might decrease your fps bbecause the amount of contact the rubber now has with the bb.

Check out the forums at airsoftmechanics.com for r-hop tutorial.

Its not exactly wobble, its just a slight bit of movement. its only noticeable when you actually 'flex' the RIF, but with heavy use in the field it can happen, and id rather fix a slight probem before it becomes a big problem, I'd rather it was solid.

So anyone used a magic pin? Or will I have to guinea pig it myself!?

Will give the magic pin a go!

I've just checked it again and there is infact definate movement, about 1-1 1/2 mm. And its just come back from everyones favourite TM EBB tech! and they did a stirling job!

Though the gun is 3 years old now, and repeated take downs will have an effect eventually, plus it has been abused and after all I think we as airsofters tend to forget...they are only toys ! :D

Define "ludicrous"!? We need numbers :) exact same set up I'm looking at, I just wish the orga barrels were cheaper!

Earlier in the thread I reported the following, Chrono'd with 0.30g Biovals at 260fps, I was getting level kill shots out to 220' we were well dug in behind a large fallen tree at one point with a Real Sword SVD providing cover out to some retarded distance so after killing someone I was able to bust out the range finder app on my phone and determine the distance.

I have an orga barrel here and cylinder set which he sent me for testing, i dont dare open it when i found out how much it costs :P

design wise its not really bringing anything to the table thats different and for a brass barrel is expensive. I think he will sell a lot with the hype though...

Promys are easy to stock, and offer strength at less than half the price. Fireflys a little harder to keep stock of but still obtainable.

On all barrels theres benifits to lengthening the barrel window IMO regardless of results but it should always be done really on a per gun basis. That said for those willing theres lots you can play with with regards the hop rubber and nub.. unfortunatly its not something thats just plug and play. Like if you fit a new rubber and your getting a left bias... sometimes people are too quick to blame the rubber. A friend of mine has zero interest in gun upgrades or repairing.. but when it came to the hop unit he learned.. and does it him self. He even ended up making his own nub.. This was a guy who has never taken his gun apart, but he saw the benifits after showing him what can happen with a little attention to what you already have installed.

Diamond Files, and a little patience is the best, go slow.

Yup this, just take it slow, can be time consuming on the steel barrels. Worth it though if as mentioned above not all fingers are showing. At little length will get more of the flat nub coming through too.

Hmm as with all external parts its very much a personal thing so unless its something fairly common, you just have to assume your the first and have a crack at it.

We have on occasion been sent a ris in with a gun and it hasnt been able to fit, but that does look faily complete with delta ring which is the important thing for at least having some chance of going on.

Edited by Richard Y