Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Your gonna struggle with batteries inside a vtac rail, maybe a very low mah 7.4v lipo, otherwise run a peq box.

The rail should fit, I have a 13inch troy rail on mine (I believe they are basically the same thing) just needed a couple of the Laylax shims and to loctite the bolts.

The 10.5" from First Factory/Laylax that came out a while before the Dytac line has the same cut in the underside of the barrel as a SOCOM 14.5".  I fitted one to my second SOCOM so that I could fit a NiMh inside a MOE handguard before I switched over to Lipos.  Admittedly I've not looked for one recently, but if they're still around that'd be a good option.

I am keen to drop my SOPMOD down to CQBR length. I have the outer barrel for this but need an inner one. Any idea where I could source a stock TM CQBR barrel?

I appreciate I can get any tb barrel, but I am convinced this turned my last M4 into a monster and i am keen to avoid that problem again.

Re-wired both of mine to run on lipo's , easy job ; stock off , unsolder the connectors on the stock tube and solder on a deans connector ( added a length of cable aswell ) , remove the connector from the stock . Job done ! i get a 2200 7.4v cranstock lipo in the TM stock and a 2600 in a 417 stock .

I'd also say if your going to run a Sopmod on a 11v lipo get ready for a big time gun death in the near future !

Edited by druid799

Re-wired both of mine to run on lipo's , easy job ; stock off , unsolder the connectors on the stock tube and solder on a deans connector ( added a length of cable aswell ) , remove the connector from the stock . Job done ! i get a 2200 7.4v cranstock lipo in the TM stock and a 2600 in a 417 stock .

I'd also say if your going to run a Sopmod on a 11v lipo get ready for a big time gun death in the near future !

can you add pictures ? I'd really like to see how you soldered the deans.

Druid not any more, add a MOSFET (micro fet based on an IRL3034 should fit ANYWHERE), and sorbo, AOE, etc....

I ran my SOCOM on Prommy Dual Torques, 11.1 and stock piston with no wear.

Only two players i've met that tried to run 11's have both killed there gearboxes so good effort mate ! Well done indeed . All I've done to mine is a new spring and a bearing spring guide , haven't had any problems so fare , touch wood !

As to wires not much point in photos as its all shrink rapped up so you can't see much ! But all I did was unscrew the connector hit the terminals with the soldering iron to remove it then re-solder two four inch lengths of wire to the gun wires .

Edited by druid799

as per Druid, i bought mine with the lipo mod done. Works great, however I am not a fan of the wobbly crane stock anyway so will be wiring mine to the front so that I can fit a CTR stock.

There is a bit of dremelling to be done of the stock end to allow the battery connectors to sit in a void so that the stock end fits.

will add photos when i can.

Hi guys merry christmas! I have own 3 next gen EBB and loved it. However been looking hard but no one seems to be able to cure the single shot lock up problem. Thinking of simply adding a mosfet and let it run 11.1v lipo. Sounds good?

Have you been running the original springs, or have you changed to standard aeg springs? The custom springs from eagle6 are highly recomended. I have never had such problems with my ebbs.

• Like 1