Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

That is a box standard PEQ15 completely non functioning and they are 7.4 1600's and it will be switched to deans, they just came like that, from a big US RC shop if i remember correctly who now have a wharehouse in the UK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17065__Turnigy_1600mAh_2S_20C_Losi_Mini_SCT_Pack.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/navy-seal-peq15-dummy-p-5760.html

Its actually currently rigged for lipos in the rear stock but i think the TM stock itself is too loose.

Edited by sunburnthammer

I don't have a photo, but the wiring route is very similar to a standard V2 gearbox, and off the top of my head there are 'guides' in the gearbox shell that keep all the wires tucked neatly in place. It's very simple to do.

The only tricky area is where the wires route through the delta ring and barrel locking widget. Space is very tight.

And the update: I was wrong: You do not have to modify the barrel spacer. There is at least enough room for standard Marui wiring. But the 4 inches from the front of the gearbox around the HopUp unit right through the front of the upper is pure pain. At least I managed to keep the wires away from the bolt stop..... wacko.png For the unpatient ones: Don´t try this at home busted_blue.gif  Now everything is in place but I have to tear it apart again cause the bolt stop isn´t working angry2.gif  Note for myself: Never ever again buy a weapon four clumsy guys whos fingers are all thumbs have worked on.

Never liked my TM sopmod, cost me a tonne, and only got one skirmish out of it.

More detail why would be helpful matey , otherwise bit of a pointless post really wouldn't you agree ?

No I wouldn't. :)

It kept breaking due to what I believe was poor tech work. Although don't quite me on that.

I've much preferred my G36K and BoLT B4a1 recoils.

It kept breaking due to what I believe was poor tech work.

The TM factory workers did a decent job on my Sopmod and my CQBr.

Both have seen plenty of use, I did buy eagle6 springs to upgrade the fps but never installed them as I never felt I was missing out on anything performance wise.

No I wouldn't. :)

It kept breaking due to what I believe was poor tech work. Although don't quite me on that.

I've much preferred my G36K and BoLT B4a1 recoils.

Wasn't ment as a dig , just yours was a bit of a 'vague' post to say the least . I have three M4 types and two other TM recoils and the only problems I've realy had with any of them was with a second hand one that was the result of a botched up-grade by the previous owner , and the point of this thread is to help other owners with information on the platform . So that's why I asked for more information what your problems were . Wasn't trying to be a 'clever bottom' ;-) Edited by druid799

I have seen there are clones of the Magpul ASAP sling adaptor made specifically for the TM SOPMOD, but they are hard to get hold of.

Looking at the Magpul PTS ASAP for PTW and GBB guns it appears it might also fit - and they are much easier to source. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm using a front wired SOCOM, so don't need to worry about routing any cables.

Thanks

Edited by SixtyNiner

I have seen there are clones of the Magpul ASAP sling adaptor made specifically for the TM SOPMOD, but they are hard to get hold of.

Looking at the Magpul PTS ASAP for PTW and GBB guns it appears it might also fit - and they are much easier to source. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm using a front wired SOCOM, so don't need to worry about routing any cables.

Thanks

Airsoft Park, Clone ASAP plate, under £10

Hey, i've got 2 urgent questions about the TM M4 Socom (this one: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_M4_M16_Series_Tokyo_Marui_M4A1_SOCOM_Recoil_Shock.htm)

1. Is it very difficult to convert a front wired TM M4 Socom to a back wired version (like the Sopmod)?

2. The Socom Version takes regular 8,4/9,6v batteries, like any other AEGs? So i dont need an Adapter or anything like that?

Thank you!! :D

Edited by slice

Is there anyone here interested in collabing to develop a TM New Ver 2 GearBox Electronic Trigger similar to the raptor? The plans are available on airsoft mechanics, we just need some technically capable engineers to design it. We can do a group order for it. 

So sick of the crappy stock trigger.

• Like 1

Hey, i've got 2 urgent questions about the TM M4 Socom (this one: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_M4_M16_Series_Tokyo_Marui_M4A1_SOCOM_Recoil_Shock.htm)

1. Is it very difficult to convert a front wired TM M4 Socom to a back wired version (like the Sopmod)?

2. The Socom Version takes regular 8,4/9,6v batteries, like any other AEGs? So i dont need an Adapter or anything like that?

Thank you!! :D

To answer your question, it depends on how good you are with wiring and soldering. I have rerouted a sopmod to be front wired like socom, it was not a fun project. The reason being is there is almost no room to move the wires around, especially around the bolt stop mechanism. You have to be crafty in the way you place the wires so it doesn't interfere with the bolt stop.

Wire gauges I recommend are 20 AWG or 21 AWG. 18AWG is close to impossible to fit.