Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Question to the owners, has anypody gone r-hop?

I tried to instal it, with 310fps(.2gr) i can lift .30s to 50m but my grouping isnt so good. Do  ihave to switch to harder hop up bucking?

Was going to but a very experienced TM recoil owner at one of my regular sites fitted his sopmod with one , range was amazing but accuracy wasn't worth squat , he tried several different hop nub types but none really improved the accuracy from it .

Did you hear the news? March is gonna be a good month! Go to the news thread now for an immediate nerd-gasm!

Also, re R-hops.

I've been trying to fit one to my socom for some time now with some success but not anything I'm happy settling on. Not quite got the contact patch right yet but the other problem I found was getting the bucking smooth. Will be trying the new Prometheus smooth bucking one day and see how it fairs.

The main thing to remember is that it requires heavy bb's, 0.28g+.

My socom has had some extensive internal and external upgrades, only 2 things left to do is get a MOSFET/trigger contact replacement and settle on a hop up/ barrel combo. Next test will be the ORGA wide bore barrels, just coz I can :)

Edited by Number5

Very much looking forward to the Spectre FET coming out. Was going to fit a FET to my SOCOM this weekend, but I will hold off now.

I haven't seen much feedback on the Magpul PTS PMags for the recoil guns. Has anyone used them? How did they perform? Did they function/feed as they should?

I've been wanting to get PMags for a while now, and the 120 round capacity makes them very tempting.

Thanks

Anyone know which mag converter is the best?

also...

what is the best battery option? (in the stock)

keep the qd or dismantle it?

anyone have a lipo conversion guide?

As far as I'm aware you just solder the connector you want onto the quick change connectors. It's incredibly simple.

And crane stock lipos surely...?

Anyone know which mag converter is the best?

also...

what is the best battery option? (in the stock)

keep the qd or dismantle it?

anyone have a lipo conversion guide?

You can also use an adapter if you don't want to do anything to the stock (incase you want to sell later, etc). Replacememt stocks can be expensive :)

I wrote about two of them in this thread...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/207716-lipo-battery-converters-for-marui-nextgen-m4-ebb-series/

On a battery related note - just fitted the Prometheus gold Stock Terminal Conversion Kit and there was a notable RoF improvement (using Eagle6 lipo). Thought it worth noting since a lot of the time with upgrades it can be questionable if they're of any value or not. It may be that if you do direct wiring it's even better, but for those who want to keep the stock.. errr, stock, it's nice to know.