Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

If you up the FPS on a socom/sopmod, you may find it beneficial to use a different bucking and nub. I personally use a Prometheus bucking and flat nub, get great results running 350-370 fps with 0.2's ( changeable dependant on site via eagle 6 springs)

You may be ok with the OEM bucking though.

Hardboiled - difficult to say without seeing it, but could the silver cylinder be part of the fake gas tube assembly? The front part is more obvious, but the rear part of it sits just behind the delta ring on a little spigot.

Hey, could anyone tell me what Outer Barrel of what Brand will fit the Marui Socom/Sopmod?

I know for sure that a laylax Barrel will fit, but i heard today that Dboys will fit too?

Look for Dytac's outer barrels, they make some models for our precious toy....

Hardboiled - difficult to say without seeing it, but could the silver cylinder be part of the fake gas tube assembly? The front part is more obvious, but the rear part of it sits just behind the delta ring on a little spigot.

Of course. That's the baby, I'd bet money on it.

Which ones have you had success with? So far big dragon ones haven't fitted and I have just about got the TM one one

It's the CQB model barrel .

I've had the standard TM flash hider , a surefire SF , an element scar , a perr mike suppressor , a perr mike heavy barrel extension , and its currently running a G&P 733 flash hider on it , all with no problems .

Edited by druid799

I 've heard that stock failing gears are common after one or two years. Mine is three years old, skirmished every Sunday, dropped, abused, and still the performance is phenomenal. I think playing mostly semi with short bursts contribute to the good health of our precious toy.

The most common problems i see to all the sopmods/socoms here in Greece (including mine) are a loose locking ring and battery/connections ( sopmods only). I just received the laylax tool so free tighting event has begun.  :D This forum and especially this post has a ton of information useful for both skilled and starters as was i. Thank you all  for your contribution.

My sopmod has been fired on long bursts (5 secs average) of auto since 09. All stock internals and still chugging, should i be concerned of failing gears? Only used the proprietary 8.4v battery though. ROF has gotten a bit sluggish from age but nothing major.