Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Yeah sounds about right for an m110

i would only use the upgraded recoil spring with a lipo battery or 9.6v sopmod pack.

any motor will be fine.. high torque of course.

Thanks. Im already using 7.4 lipos, so it should be okay.

does anyone stil have issues with mags not cutting off the guns or is this a thing of the past ?  TM mags by the way...

Never had that problem, however I had multiple mags have their BB followers stuck, but those were fixed by cleaning and lubing a little the magazines.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

does anyone stil have issues with mags not cutting off the guns or is this a thing of the past ?  TM mags by the way...

Actually i had this problem directly after my first dissembley. I did noticed that i had to do with the skrew that goes into the gearbox that holds the cutting lever thingy got worn out and dident lock tight.

So the mechanism that was suppose to catch the lever from the magazine was all loose. I fixed this by change the screw and put a rubberspacer under the head of the screw to get some extra downforce. Now that works like a charm!

The only problem that i can´t seem to get to work i the blowback slide that seems to scratch against the body inside. so when i pull the charging handle the metalslide locks in back position. U Guys got any tips for this issue? 

Please let me know if my explication is bad.

//zlappe 

Actually i had this problem directly after my first dissembley. I did noticed that i had to do with the skrew that goes into the gearbox that holds the cutting lever thingy got worn out and dident lock tight.

So the mechanism that was suppose to catch the lever from the magazine was all loose. I fixed this by change the screw and put a rubberspacer under the head of the screw to get some extra downforce. Now that works like a charm!

The only problem that i can´t seem to get to work i the blowback slide that seems to scratch against the body inside. so when i pull the charging handle the metalslide locks in back position. U Guys got any tips for this issue?

Please let me know if my explication is bad.

//zlappe

on problem sopmods or ones with a front wire conversion id sand back the inside of the upper receiver and then just spray it with a touch of black paint. You prob dont need to spray it if its lubed up though. just freees that slide up a little for a smoother action.

So current issue, 

The gun is not firing, it sounds like the motor is clicking but nothing shoots.

The only mod I currently did is change out the gold bars with prometheus ones.

Can anyone help me with this issues?

You reversed the contacts for the motor.

I'd check your battery's charge (and, given the above, try various permutations of switching the contact bars/contacts on the motor around). If that doesn't work, try jumping the gun directly through the contacts on the stock tube to eliminate problems one at a time. Are the contact bars making good contact with the contracts on the stock tube?

Edited by PureSilver

With a busted piston I'm not surprised nothing's working - yeesh! I would say that a broken piston could easily be the reason for your difficulties. Check for damage to the other components very carefully before reassembling - especially check for lumps of the ex-piston inside the 'box.

Hey guys, so Ive done a bit of searching in this thread but info is fairly hard to find. Im picking up a SOPMOD used, but am wanting to ditch the crane stock in favor of a CTR stock, meaning I would have to run the battery in the buffer tube, like a buffer tube battery. Is this possible? Im so confused about how the stock QD battery works and how to change it out for standard plugs in the tube. I also know the recoil system is somewhere near the stock tube but dont know exactly where. Im really hesitant to front wire it so if I cant run a battery in the tube I guess Ill have to keep the crane stock on there :/

• Like 1

The others are right - your choices are either front-wiring or keeping the original. I'd honestly keep the original - with some upgrades it's a really neat system, totally invisible (unlike front-wiring) and does help the balance of the gun if you've got a ton of accessories stuck on the front.

Awsome set up! I have one very similar! It curently has the 13 inch VTAC rail and a battle axe stock. I'm gonna swap the rail out for the 9 inch soonest! Mines front wired into a PEQ box.

For a rear wired m4 you could try the madbull battle ax it seems tho have good battery space!

Awsome set up! I have one very similar! It curently has the 13 inch VTAC rail and a battle axe stock. I'm gonna swap the rail out for the 9 inch soonest! Mines front wired into a PEQ box.

Yey me too, but I got the Troy TRX instead... I liked the PEQ setup quite a lot more after I switched, a lot less rear heavy with the recoil weight and batteries all at the back! 

Short question: Normally, when you press the boltcatch after an empty magazine, the boltcatch goes back to normal position very easily and "smooth", but what might be the problem if it's not that smooth, you have to press it a little harder and there's a "click" sound when you push it back in?

When i got the gun used, that happened in 1 out of 3 situations, but now it happens everytime the bolt-lock engages.

Edited by KyleKatarn

I just received my madbull DD RIS, but after installing the barrel nut the barrel wobbles. I need some washers but unfortunately those from echigoya are out of stock, so can i use washers for a normal aeg? Or is there a trick to eliminate wobble with something else, without buying extra washers?

Edited by KyleKatarn