Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Nice! I just heard back from echigoya... supposedly, they are having issues with California customs not letting shipments of the m870 in. Annoying.

I may just leave it as it is with the 1200 mah battery. Fitting it over on one side means my cheek is welded over onto the side where the connectors are housed....away from the cells...just in case.

I will look into it though.

Thanks for your input richard :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That's a good point from mrezzy.. If your going the btc route ... You would need a lot less battery.

I would love to know if there's anyone that's not going to be fitting a spectre hehe. Assuming they at some point are in ready supply.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Same setup as before with the exception of a chopped Systema m120 spring. Rof was at about 12.3 on a fully charged 7.4v 1200mah 25C lipo. Trigger response slowed down some, but is still fairly snappy considering that I am now shooting 396-401 fps with .20g bbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Field test for BTC spectre today at Hudson valley airsoft.

I freakin love the spectre, performance was perfect. Not much to say about that, no more semi lockups. The lipo monitoring kicked in as expected when my 7.4v ran out of juice, the motor beeped a few times to let me know, very neat feature!

I think my only complaints would be that the trigger is a tad but sensitive, sometimes when i fire semi too fast, it accidentally end up bumping the trigger. I wouldn't mind having a farther trigger pull. But thats just me.

Very well worth the money as it takes your tM sopmod to ptw level with a simple replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest, does anyone know how many are out there?  I can imagine that this first batch was to generate interest and to find faults with the hardware.  I asked about release on ASM weeks ago, but got no reply sadly..

Re motors, I see that you have both the long and the short type in stock Richard, do you have a clue as to if/when you will be getting TM hop units back in for the M4 series?  I was going to head to FS on Thursday to get a motor for my M60 as the pinion gear stripped, but to be honest, I would much rather line your pocket!

Hey all, thanks to Richard and the TM Recoil appreciation society on FB i've found this group. Thinking of doing a project sometime in the near future and would love to hear what you guys have to add!

I'm currently a recoil HK416 owner but I really wanna make a light weight civvi recoil build but my technical knowledge is limited so just wanted to see what people think about the following and how difficult it may be.

Recoil Socom (i'm assuming this is the best choice due to front wiring but I hear the BTC is designed for rear wired guns so if you think this build is remotely possible with a different recoil it would be interesting to hear)

NSR or Midwest industries SSK keymod rail (Will a real steel rail fit on a recoil?)

BTC Spectre Next gen (when it's released)

Battlelink minimalist stock (is it possible to get RS stocks on a recoil tube?)

Hogue style grip (not sure where I might find one of these so any suggestions will be greatfully received)

Maybe a body change if I can find one somewhere in the future so i don't have the colt markings (big maybe)

aaand if i were to do any internal upgrades outside of the BTC spectre which would come most recommended or am i better off just leaving it stock (it would be nice to have a higher fps/performance but it's not mandatory)

Thanks in advance guys!!

Leaving the gun stock is no bad thing at all. Then upgrade when things start falling apart.

If you decide to upgrade, then do the lot. And preferably stick to parts from one manufacturer. Personally I went down the Prometheus route on my guns. Expensive? Oh yes, but well worth it with the performance you get.

Internals:

-Prommy gears, piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head and inner barrel.

-Firefly hop up bucking and nub.

-Eagle six spring. M100 spring along with the above upgrades will give you about 350 fps.

-Eagle6 recoil spring.

-Systema Magnum motor.

Externals:

-Laylax buffer tube lock ring.  (This is mandatory)

-Laylax hard barrel base is also recommended if you wan to avoid  rail/barrel wobble.

And please do not use the standard Sopmod batteries.

• Like 1

hey there Will is that you? We need to get Sam on here!

Is there any reason you want a real steel rail? the Madbull NSR we put on Sam's civi build seemed pretty nice while we were instaling it? for a hogue type Grip I'm sure Ben Webb just sourced a Ares one that was pretty similar maybe give him a shout of FB?

Edited by Pdubyuh