Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

hey there Will is that you? We need to get Sam on here!

Is there any reason you want a real steel rail? the Madbull NSR we put on Sam's civi build seemed pretty nice while we were instaling it? for a hogue type Grip I'm sure Ben Webb just sourced a Ares one that was pretty similar maybe give him a shout of FB?

Hey Paul!, Indded it is!

No particular reason other than I love the rail and it would be different from an NSR which I still really like. Yeah the hogues are ares but super super hard to find

Bring on those BTC spectres though, they're so awesome!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Its weird Edd (used to play and Marshall at Finny and do alot of tech work) rear wired my VFC 416 and ended up putting a hogue type grip on it, I got him to take it off as i preferred the original HK one! I've found a tan one i'll PM you Will

the Madbull NSR we put on Sam's civi build seemed pretty nice while we were instaling it? 

Personally I'd stay away from the Madbull NSR after my experience with it (if you're picky), for two reasons, first, the bottom doesn't have the key mod, where as the real Noveske does. Second, all of the key mod slots are entirely off spec, so real steel keymod stuff won't fit whatsoever, not even the plastic panels, and I'm not confident that accessories for one airsoft brand's keymod would fit another (let's say Madbull vs Dytac), I'm actually tempted to say Dytac's are closer to real steel spec (speculations, haven't owned any) 

Edited by blobface
  • 2 weeks later...

Its weird Edd (used to play and Marshall at Finny and do alot of tech work) rear wired my VFC 416 and ended up putting a hogue type grip on it, I got him to take it off as i preferred the original HK one! I've found a tan one i'll PM you Will

The one you linked me is a GBB one but thanks dude!

Got some sweet new light weight gear the other day I can't wait to show off ;) (Hayley strategic D3 anyone?)

Definitely gonna keep an eye out on what the new recoil TM are about to lauch will be but I'm determined to build my light weight civvi build eventually so guys & gals of the forum please continue to inspire :D 

My UKSF M6. Still work in progress, but could not resist to have a few pics taken. Need to loose the storm grip and Diemaco sling mount. Magpul stuff inbound. The rail comes from a CA M6 I butchered for the sake of this project.  The second pic is the inspiration. Taken by darkchild130, and posted here a few years back, when he was trialing it.

post-64779-0-32257200-1399759318_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-69668600-1399759505_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-58485500-1399760444_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71

And what the HXXX shall we do when they release both the Minimi and the Maximi next year.

Weep blood ?

And wear my b*****x on a string round my neck when my mrs finds out how much I spent on them !

Edited by druid799

Exactly. Im prepared for it all. Haha. Dont care about the fps of that marui m4 gbb on 134a, im sure a nice long tightbore will boost up the power some. Excited about the recoil. Tm isnt known for using steel on products but they somehpw managed to give that tm mp7 gbb a pretty good recoil.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Im prepared for it all. Haha. Dont care about the fps of that marui m4 gbb on 134a, im sure a nice long tightbore will boost up the power some. Excited about the recoil. Tm isnt known for using steel on products but they somehpw managed to give that tm mp7 gbb a pretty good recoil.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I second this.

Also, a marui mp7 gbb kicks harder with duster than a kwa mp7 with propane. I believe the TM m4 gbb on duster will run pretty reliable with an enjoyable recoil. 

is there any way i can delay the fire of the gun .

I mean i wand to build a DMR of a tm recoil shock but we can only shoot 350 fps for aeg and semi , only bolt action can shoot harder to 500 fps.

but if we can delay the trigger we can shoot  harder with it .

So is there anyway that i cant shoot as fast as my finger is   bu maybe a  3 sec delay ?

Some MOSFETs have this feature. You will need one with an adjustable delay setting, as most only delay about one second (three seconds is a long time between shots); for example, the BTC Spectre NexGen (the only MOSFET made specifically to fit the NexGen system) has eight delay modes but a maximum delay of just 70ms...

Yeah a 500 fps spring on a 800mah battery. That would delay shots.

Or you could just pull the trigger slower :P

There's no mechanical solution the only solution is the btc fet which has rof reduction ... If you reduced auto enough I guess your shots would be slower.

Typically over hear marshals limit Aeg dmrs to single only an easy mod on next gens and then just a say be sensible with the trigger spam.

Honestly with a 500 fps spring and Sopmod battery limits you ain't going to be spamming the trigger very quick. If you do lock ups are almost garrentied.

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.

PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had already been upgraded with the following:

Prometheus Original Torque Gears

Prometheus Bushings

Prometheus Piston

Prometheus Pistonhead

Prometheus Cylinder

Prometheus Cylinderhead

Prometheus Nozzle

Prometheus Spring Guide

Prometheus Hard Selector Plate

Laylax lower receiver

VFC M4 Pistol Grip

Airsoft Research Syndicate CNC Buffer Tube

Eagle6 M90 mainspring

Eagle6 Enhanced recoil weight spring

You may be wondering what, at that point, was still stock? The answer, not much. The Gearbox casing, some springs/levers, the trigger, the Tappet plate (can you even get aftermarket ones?), the motor, the wiring and switchblock and lastly the recoil weight were still Marui parts.

The gearbox looked like this. I think it's a tidy looking setup:

Zxagqbl.jpg

Then, PureSilver went and dropped off some goodies for me.

BTC SPECTRE pre-release MOSFET for NextGen V2:

s3dSFnF.jpg

Custom-made, solid-brass recoil weight:

ySgNOTS.jpg

G&P M170S Devil Jet Highspeed-Hightorque Motor:

lKI0D2h.jpg

Ooooh, this is ever so fun. Fits in there like a glove;

QmZE7cC.jpg

Some have called into query the power-supply wire for the Spectre's computer board taking up too much space in the M4s, which it does.

My solution:

F3CEdNY.jpg

I also recently discovered a new drink, which is now my "Engineering Fuel of Choice". It's Aod-Approved, buy some today!

ConBUgw.jpg

Much time later, it gives me substantial pleasure to demonstrate this monster;

Please note that in these videos, the SPECTRE has already been adjusted to reduce the RoF and the pre-cocking has been set to what I think is the most appropriate level.

These videos were shot this afternoon, battery is a 7.4V 2200mAh 35C "Giant Power" LiPo.

An utterly fantastic feature that I discovered; When the SPECTRE detects the mag-empty sensor has been tripped, it stops the motor with maximum active-breaking and no pre-cocking, which means that the piston is fully-forward, in fact the sector gear doesn't even engage the piston at all. This means that after a days play, you don't need to worry about your precompressed spring weakening over time or causing other issues - simply stick your finger into the magwel, push the latch up and rest easy knowing that everything is at the lowest possible stress level.

Edited by Aod
  • Like 4