Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Have a lockup. When the Magazine was empty, the bolt lock engaged normally. I pressed the bolt-catch with the magazine still inserted, it did what it should and went outwards again. I fired again with the mag still in (but no bb in it since I fired all of them) and the whole gun locked up.

The trigger is hard to pull, If you pull it to a certain point it makes a click sound and is easier to pull, but it doesn't fire. What could this be?

The trigger just pivots and moves a blade backwards, the click is the trigger dropping off the bottom of the electrical blade which allows it to ping back to a resting position and another click as the trigger slips back under the blade ledge ready to start a new blade pull. My money's on broken contact switch set spring maybe / set. regardless of the issue its gearbox open and inspection time if it's not working right, just continuing to use it will only damage parts more, might as well dive in and find out what's wrong.

If you have little knowledge about what's broken or not when you get in you can post picks or replace parts one by one closest to the issue.

Brilliant post, tons of useful info here. I think I'm up to page 100ish or so, but lots to read yet.

Picked up the CQBR for my first go at a recoil AEG - now that my trigger talk lipo adapter is in and I've run some mags through it, I'm very pleased with the purchase. Some questions though.

Just wanting some confirmation if the Firefly SOFT hop rubber + SOFT (clear) flat hop nub is the best combo to pair with an eagle6 M100 spring and Prommy 6.03 tbb at target FPS near (but not exceeding) 350fps?

With the Spectre fet out of stock everywhere, is there a reasonable alternative? Is one even needed running off 7.4 lipo?

I've noticed there is some clang in the stock tube from the recoil weight, almost like striking a bell. It's not overly loud, but noticeable while aiming down sights. Is this normal? Or perhaps the results of a too stiff spring installed on my gun by the retailer (to meet Canadian import requirements)? I don't have a chrono handy and can't check the OOTB fps. 

Thanks!

Edited by brock0