Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

I don't think you want to use bungee slings with that kind of attachment points... but maybe its just my experience: those slings should be attached on the receiver end plate.

Astute assessment and 100% correct.

I would not put a bungee sling on a stock, its not a "hard" mounting point.

Guys I need som help!

I managed to tighten the stockpipe to hard, WITH the threads misaligned. That resulted in me destroying the threads completely :(

The stockpipe now wont stay in place at all.

Any thing I can do? RW told me that there are no replacement stockpipes out there.

Any tips? :(

well i would say which evers thread has been diced and sliced! they can thread a new thread on either ! i would take them both in and get an experts opinion since it may alter the size after the threading. or they might be able to clean it up enough so you can thread the stock pipe on enough to hold everything in place then you tighten the stock pipe locking ring on to lock it all in place. the stock pipe doesnt need to be on tight just the locking ring.

Customizing question:

Supposing I would change the outer barrel to this one: http://www.laylax.com/products/detail.php?product_id=4024

What could I add (flash hiderr or something before the FH) that would add 15mm of inner barrel length - for a total of 300?

No fire pigs please ;)

Dan,

Those barrels are 10.5 inches. A 300mm barrel will be barely exposed in your flash hider with that setup so most flash hiders that are slightly longer than an A2 will cover up almost the entire extended barrel.

Guys here is a video that i uploaded today to show the rate of fire boost ive received off of a couple simple upgrades. Check it out.

Edited by Magsz

"prity fast.. prity dooable.. prity cool.." your a legend that might be my new signature hehe

loveing the rof of fire what mods did you do and the 25c lipo makes a big difference over my 15c one.. seems to on the face of it. whered you fit it?

Edited by Richard Y
"prity fast.. prity dooable.. prity cool.." your a legend that might be my new signature hehe

loveing the rof of fire what mods did you do and the 25c lipo makes a big difference over my 15c one.. seems to on the face of it. whered you fit it?

Hey man, im from New Jersey...dont make fun of my accent! :)

The battery is in the MOE handguard. This gun has been front wired for about a month and a half now to two months and its holding up great.

Its a 7.4 volt 25c battery, no 11.1 volt lipos for me.

i liked it sounded faster than my 15c 7.4.. ya accent rocks i just loved the way you said it hehe prity cooooll

just so you can get your own back i had to go into a sopmod tonight for someone so i took some vids while i was in there for those not sure on how to dismantle it or too scared to try hehe they are a bit long winded but i wanted to go over everything for those wanting to take theres apart.

There's 2 things I'm wondering about the Marui SOPMOD/SOCOM M4s that I haven't been able to turn up with any searching, so hopefully someone here can fill me in.

Are they compatible with G&P M203 launchers? (standard barrel mount type, not RIS mount)

Are they compatible with any airsoft or real steel buffer tube single point sling mounts? (the kind that sandwich between the buffer tube and receiver)

Hopefully someone here can help me out with these questions, I'd much appreciate it ^_^

Jin, Im not sure about the M203, but i dont see why not (no longer have one to test it.)

As for the sling mount on the buffer tube, Im not sure either, just looking at mine (carbine version) i dont think a regular AEG sling mount would fit, and you might need one made for a GBB such as the PTS ASAP one thats coming out for GBB rifles soon. (or is out i dont know)

Magz seems to have one on his vid, perhaps he can answer more clearly!

Magz-

which battery do you have in you MOE handguard? Im using the MOE handguard to and looking at getting a lipo for it!

Plus does anyone else notice that the Motor gets alot hotter than a regular aeg (i'll admit it was after spamming full oauto on a mag and half testing it.)??

Cheers

J.

Edited by Number5

I have the MI (midwest industries) sling adapter on my gun, these are made for real guns but they will work on the sopmods. You have to bend the adapter a little in order get it to fit over the castle nut but its on there and its on there in a hell of a strong way, its not moving.

Here's a link to the adapters if anyone wants to pick one up:

http://www.playersfirstairsoft.com/tactica...ng-adapter.html

Ill try and get some video up of the sling adapter and how it has to be modified. There's no dremeling involved, just some good old elbow grease and a bit of pulling.

Guys here is a video that i uploaded today to show the rate of fire boost ive received off of a couple simple upgrades. Check it out

Been matching Magpul videos for foregrip handling? Or being cool like Delta? ;)

MI (midwest industries) sling adapter

Funny, I have a similar MI on mine......I have the one with QD sling swivel......because I had it laying around after putting GG&G Agency sling adapters on all my other stuff. The MI is the cheap cousin that is not as nice as the GG&G but costs the same.

Ill be going to my fifth MD class on June 5th so no, havent been watching too many MD videos, been living it. :P

I believe the GG&G product has more material on it so im not sure if it will flex in quite the same way as the MI product.

Having said that, i wont buy any of GG&G's ######, cant stand their products after i had three MAD buis's fall apart in my hands.

I believe the GG&G product has more material on it so im not sure if it will flex in quite the same way as the MI product.

It does.

I won't buy MI anymore after how cheap this thing feels. One of the QD holes, luckily the off-side for me, is unusable because of the thing flexing.

It does.

I won't buy MI anymore after how cheap this thing feels. One of the QD holes, luckily the off-side for me, is unusable because of the thing flexing.

EH?!?!?! Elaborate please.

MI is pretty good about warrantying or returns so if you dont like the product call them up and send that *badgeress* back. There's no reason you have to settle for anything less than something that works.