Gunfighters808

Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Bit of advice. Noticed today that I wasn't getting the amazing range on my SOPMOD today. Showing 230 fps hop on with .25's.

Is it worth trying bump of the fps or will that upset the marui hop up fairies?

If you up the FPS on a socom/sopmod, you may find it beneficial to use a different bucking and nub. I personally use a Prometheus bucking and flat nub, get great results running 350-370 fps with 0.2's ( changeable dependant on site via eagle 6 springs)

You may be ok with the OEM bucking though.

Hardboiled - difficult to say without seeing it, but could the silver cylinder be part of the fake gas tube assembly? The front part is more obvious, but the rear part of it sits just behind the delta ring on a little spigot.

As far as I know the TM NexGen guns use a unique barrel, and only parts designed as clones of them (like the LayLax ones) will fit. Unless Dboys make a SOPMOD clone, I'd be pretty surprised if one of their barrels fits.

Hey, could anyone tell me what Outer Barrel of what Brand will fit the Marui Socom/Sopmod?

I know for sure that a laylax Barrel will fit, but i heard today that Dboys will fit too?

Look for Dytac's outer barrels, they make some models for our precious toy....

I've a 10.5 dytac from Ebaybanned on my socom and I've never had any problem fitting flashiders/supressors/barrel extenders on mine .

Hardboiled - difficult to say without seeing it, but could the silver cylinder be part of the fake gas tube assembly? The front part is more obvious, but the rear part of it sits just behind the delta ring on a little spigot.

Of course. That's the baby, I'd bet money on it.

I've a 10.5 dytac from Ebaybanned on my socom and I've never had any problem fitting flashiders/supressors/barrel extenders on mine .

Which ones have you had success with? So far big dragon ones haven't fitted and I have just about got the TM one one

Which ones have you had success with? So far big dragon ones haven't fitted and I have just about got the TM one one

It's the CQB model barrel .

I've had the standard TM flash hider , a surefire SF , an element scar , a perr mike suppressor , a perr mike heavy barrel extension , and its currently running a G&P 733 flash hider on it , all with no problems .

Edited by druid799

Mine was big dragon as part of the SF suppressor set up. Shame as they are better constructed than the madbull ones. Just wouldn't even slip over the outer barrel let alone give me the chance to see if the thread fitted.

Going great, increasing numbers of semi lock ups lately though. Perhaps the cold was bothering my lipo??

Currently toying with the idea of shortening it but don't want to shell out for the Laylax barrel and don't fancy the Dytac built in barrel base.

Yeah keep those bats charged ! Especially in cold.

What gears are you running ? Some of the original seigeteks had issues with lock ups. The cut off would fall I'm just the wrong place.

I 've heard that stock failing gears are common after one or two years. Mine is three years old, skirmished every Sunday, dropped, abused, and still the performance is phenomenal. I think playing mostly semi with short bursts contribute to the good health of our precious toy.

The most common problems i see to all the sopmods/socoms here in Greece (including mine) are a loose locking ring and battery/connections ( sopmods only). I just received the laylax tool so free tighting event has begun.  :D This forum and especially this post has a ton of information useful for both skilled and starters as was i. Thank you all  for your contribution.

My sopmod has been fired on long bursts (5 secs average) of auto since 09. All stock internals and still chugging, should i be concerned of failing gears? Only used the proprietary 8.4v battery though. ROF has gotten a bit sluggish from age but nothing major. 

As far as Semi-Lockup, switch to a high torque motor and reduce resistance if you can.

As far as ROF lowering, likely your motor's gotten a bit dirty and burnt from usage, either clean the comm or replace. Cleaning the comm is easy IIRC Maekii on Youtube has an excellent guide.