Gunfighters808

Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

I feel the need to upgrade coz of the competitions i go to usually adds a bit more edge with more power. For games, the platform is pretty good as is. Just that generally i want to max out to the allowable limits for the best performance ican get

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well, then the Prometheus internal upgrades ought to do the trick, along with an appropriate Eagle6 spring. M100 or M110 will probably get you where you want to be.

Buddy wants me to install a tighter barrel in his Sopmod, you guys have any suggestions ? Rest is staying dead stock...runs just fine.

Anybody had good experiences with certain widths ? brands ? Standard TM is 6.08 MM ?

Edited by blablabla

Well last weekend i installed on my m4 socom these parts:

eagle m110 spring

eagle recoil spring

prometheus spring guide

magic box piston

prometheus piston head

prometheus cylinder head

prometheus nozzle

but although i had prometheus gears i decided to keep my 4 year stock gears as they had no sign of wear.

Compression was better than stock. FPS were 375-377 no big difference at range as i had flat hop before, but i can sen 0.30s in a row at 60m. The sound of the recoil is amazing too.

Tried eagle6? Altho i would strongly recommend going down the lipo route. If you can solder or know someone who can then it's a fairly easy, and reversible, mod to make.

I wouldn't recommend the Baton battery adapter.  It takes up a lot of the room in your stock and you have to rewire your batteries to Dean's.  I personnly use these:

http://www.option-no1.com/catalog/pdf/NO-CN39.pdf

They are drop ins, requiring no mods.  I have swapped out all my other adapters that I had and switched to these in my recce, sopmod, and 416.  Been using them for about 6 months and have zero issues.

Like the idea of the drop in rods but tamiya's realy are poop , you do need to change to deans or some other connector . Noted an increase in all aspects of battery use when I did and I've never met any one who wasn't glad they'd done the same as well . If you need conclusive proof just google tamiya V deans there's LOTS out there .

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend the Baton battery adapter.  It takes up a lot of the room in your stock and you have to rewire your batteries to Dean's.  I personnly use these:

http://www.option-no1.com/catalog/pdf/NO-CN39.pdf

They are drop ins, requiring no mods.  I have swapped out all my other adapters that I had and switched to these in my recce, sopmod, and 416.  Been using them for about 6 months and have zero issues.

where can one purchase these magical rods?!

where can one purchase these magical rods?!

Not sure outside of Japan where they can be bought.  Sorry.  If you want some hit me with a PM and maybe I can get you a set.

Like the idea of the drop in rods but tamiya's realy are poop , you do need to change to deans or some other connector . Noted an increase in all aspects of battery use when I did and I've never met any one who wasn't glad they'd done the same as well . If you need conclusive proof just google tamiya V deans there's LOTS out there .

Absolutely agree, I even changed out the Tamiya connectors on the rods in my earlier post with Deans, but for people who don't know how/are afraid/can't soldier the rods work great

Bad Sailor the "rods" look pretty interesting but i have not had any problems with my adaptor I got 2 of these -http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-800mah-20c-continuous-discharge.html with deans and one lasts 1/2 day just pop the other in the other side of the stock and off you go.  For £8.25 a battery you could get 5 for the price of an original TM battery and for a totally drop in solution its pretty good. I'm sure the other options work as well if not better but if you dont want to do any soldering and leave your gun as it is out of the box its pretty good.

Hi all,

Just upgraded my SOPMOD to about 330 fps from stock with a eagle six spring, new gears etc and got a mosfet fitted at the same time.

Tried it out for the first time yesterday and the range has dropped quite dramatically. I had to put the hop all the way on to get anything out of it.

Anyone else suffered similar problems and have any solutions?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD