Gunfighters808

Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

ABS externals (come on, TM, if ARES can do nylon fibre, why can't you? Especially for what must be the most expensive AEG G36 on the market.), and no bolt lock or stop-on-empty are the major reasons nobody wants one, I figure.

Edited by PureSilver

I'm not able to remove that screw under the frontsight for the life of me..tried 1,5mm (too thin) and 2mm (too thick). Is it normal that you can see the barrel through that hole?

I removed the 2 Pins already.

Have a lockup. When the Magazine was empty, the bolt lock engaged normally. I pressed the bolt-catch with the magazine still inserted, it did what it should and went outwards again. I fired again with the mag still in (but no bb in it since I fired all of them) and the whole gun locked up.

The trigger is hard to pull, If you pull it to a certain point it makes a click sound and is easier to pull, but it doesn't fire. What could this be?

I'm not sure that a gearbox jam would cause the trigger to be stiff - wouldn't that need something to be obstructing the trigger pull in some way?

Something do to with the selector plate being out of position?

The trigger just pivots and moves a blade backwards, the click is the trigger dropping off the bottom of the electrical blade which allows it to ping back to a resting position and another click as the trigger slips back under the blade ledge ready to start a new blade pull. My money's on broken contact switch set spring maybe / set. regardless of the issue its gearbox open and inspection time if it's not working right, just continuing to use it will only damage parts more, might as well dive in and find out what's wrong.

If you have little knowledge about what's broken or not when you get in you can post picks or replace parts one by one closest to the issue.

Brilliant post, tons of useful info here. I think I'm up to page 100ish or so, but lots to read yet.

Picked up the CQBR for my first go at a recoil AEG - now that my trigger talk lipo adapter is in and I've run some mags through it, I'm very pleased with the purchase. Some questions though.

Just wanting some confirmation if the Firefly SOFT hop rubber + SOFT (clear) flat hop nub is the best combo to pair with an eagle6 M100 spring and Prommy 6.03 tbb at target FPS near (but not exceeding) 350fps?

With the Spectre fet out of stock everywhere, is there a reasonable alternative? Is one even needed running off 7.4 lipo?

I've noticed there is some clang in the stock tube from the recoil weight, almost like striking a bell. It's not overly loud, but noticeable while aiming down sights. Is this normal? Or perhaps the results of a too stiff spring installed on my gun by the retailer (to meet Canadian import requirements)? I don't have a chrono handy and can't check the OOTB fps. 

Thanks!

Edited by brock0

Hey guys, I would need some helpful opinions here. I have a gearbox full lockup, neither semi or full auto worked. when I pull the trigger which goes in all the way I hear a click sound like the motor would start the turn but it doesn't continue because something is blocking. I have taken off the grip and seen that the anti reverse latch held up the gears, I have unlocked that with a screwdriver tip and that released the whole mechanism. I have then tried to shot with it but then it locked up again the same way. I wonder if the motor is not powerful enough to turn it over, or the battery is just not enough, even though it was fully charged 7.4v 1100mah with 30c rating. It runs an E6 M110 spring. I didn't open the gearbox yet, I usually bring it to service but this is just over about 4-5 bags of bb-s since the first service. No problems with the contact bars and things, and its been already soldered and converted to mini T-type plug. I have ordered a stronger motor recently and I have a bunch of 11.1V batterys that I could test but I didn't wanted to risk testing with them until I have an idea what's up. What's your opinion on it? Should I test for trial and error or should I bring it to service to prevent any likely damage if this is something gearbox timing or ROE kind of issue?