Gunfighters808

Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

I purchased a TM M4A1 SOCOM from RedwolfAirsoft, but they sent me an old version without the updated receiver and parts.

They also permanently destroyed the trademarks....

I purchased a Laylax MG upper and MG lower receiver to replace the stock TM parts, which I suppose was a good idea in retrospect since RWA sent me the old model receiver and destroyed the trademarks.

Should I still purchase the NGM4-119 and NGM4-120 parts for the Laylax MG receiver kit?

Well it's not a TM, but it is a next gen...Army Armament r50. Haven't had it very long but it seems to be a pretty nice piece. The Colt trades are much nicer than any other airsoft gun I've ever seen (yes, including TM and KA). I have only been able to test the gun out with an 11.1v lipo (need to get a 7.4v), but the gearbox actually sounds pretty nice. I also purchased a matrix next gen mag ($15) which works perfectly and sets off the bolt catch cutoff on every empty shot. I have to say...the recoil and the feel of the gun is actually pretty fun. I've been getting into gbbr's lately to really cross train with my real steel stuff, but these guns are definitely a pretty good alternative (and overall operating costs are obviously cheaper than gbbr's)

For now I will be keeping it as is, but eventually the plans are build it for trigger response on Semi (ht motor, shs gears, upgraded piston, etc). I went a little retro with it by tossing a VN 3 prong hider, an M733 stock, and a full carry handle, and actually like how it looks. Not sure if I will keep it like this indefinitely, but I like it for now.

20160929_2047532_zpsguc1hmdk.jpg

20161018_0617222_zpslf3eaetv.jpg

20160929_2048072_zpsw8atw6xv.jpg

20161018_0617582_zpsmziaqryu.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone managed to put the innards of TM recoil mags into a real PMag shell (and will a real PMag fit into a TM magwell)?

Genuinely curious as I've just ordered my SOPMOD and I want some PMags but the PTS ones are now unicorns so tempted by the possibility of making my own.

There was a tutorial on Echigoya or Hyperdouraku years ago (like around 2010?) showing how to do the conversion, it involves chopping a few bits off the mag and milling a slot (which can probably be done with a dremel). However I can't for the life of me find it anymore, anyone else might have the info? In any case, I can say for sure it works. 

*edit* 

http://echigoyaworks.militaryblog.jp/e284810.html

SUUUUUUUUUUCK IT GOOGLE, I BESTED YOU.

Found it. 

Edited by blobface

A guy on the TM recoil FB page converted 6 stagnag midcaps to EMAG's for me and they fit perfectly on any of the 416 derivatives.

Have worked flawlessly so far, just one of them is a bit temperamental on engaging the simulated bolt catch function when empty.

It's so close to me picking up my first Recoil, collecting it on Saturday from Fire Support. Part of me feels I should've left it stock until something broke but I know my flatmate wouldn't be able to forgive it shooting stock fps.

Stupidly excited even if it does mean buying a bunch of new mags and another set of accessories for it.

It's so close to me picking up my first Recoil, collecting it on Saturday from Fire Support. Part of me feels I should've left it stock until something broke but I know my flatmate wouldn't be able to forgive it shooting stock fps.

Stupidly excited even if it does mean buying a bunch of new mags and another set of accessories for it.

I've never subscribed to the "leave TM recoils stock" philosophy.

Your toy, your money, let the haters hate.

• Like 1

There are a few more things I could do to this (like removing the last of the paint from the charging handle, swapping the pistol grip, some slightly higher scope mounts and actually installing the front sight), but it's pretty much done.

recoil-spr.jpg

• Like 2