Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

AKs and G36 can acomodate a 8.4v battery, look for a 7.4v lipo of the same dimensions and you will probably be using something around 2000mah, which isnt bad at all

Now, back to SOCOMs... since I changed the stock grip to a HK416 type, the motor has wobbled a bit, nothing dramatic, but annoying... today I took down my old Dboys M4 and found out the motor didnt wobble at all, it wasnt due to grip space or motor dimensions... but I saw that the spring in the Dboys motor is a bit longuer than the one in the TM, swapped them, problem solved, now its hard to feel the motor wobble, even paying attention :)

It still whines a bit though :lol:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Spring guide is not compatible and springs are shorter on the sopmod, so you need to cut them or the gun will die... quick :(

just install the TBB, firefly rubber and firefly nub, metal bushings and Richard Y M100 Spring for almost, if not more, 340FPS. Thats the setup most of the users run and the gun is scary. I will test it tomorrow with a guarder 6.02 TBB stock hop rubber, scs nub and Richards M100. Wish me good luck :lol:

Where did you find the firefly nub?

Wow... Just read the whole 57 pages of this thread.

Thanks to everyone who posted info and advice, I already feel as if I knock the gun intimately and I haven't even bought one yet!

Time to start trawling the shops for everything I want...

Edit: has anyone fitted a URX rail yet? They have some sort of funky nut/delta ring that needs a special tool to lock the rails down on to the reciever. Will that be a problem? Or just a matter of shimming?

Edited by SixtyNiner

Seems like it, Richard used his SOPMODs with his own lipos and upgraded spring for a while with no issues. Mine has metal bushings and upgraded spring, but I shot less than 800rds in semi (80%) and short bursts (20%) with it in that config, so I dont think I can say anything first hand :)

Ok, so the G&P KAC replica fits lovely to my SOCOM, I did have to remove the extra added part (which I believe is to make it more solid, scratched it a touch trying to put it on without taking this off!) in order for it to fit, but i fits very nice.

It DOES NOT however, fit a battery inside. ANY battery. Ehobbyaisa Straight up Lied in their description, though I was pretty sure it wouldnt fit anyway! however even the smaller Lipo I bought doesnt fit!

I really like the look a the rail though so Im thinking of using a battery box to fit my existing lipos!

really, aside from the Mk18 Ris and real small 7.4 lipos there doesnt seem to be a way to gt a railed front end on a Socom without a batt box. Depressing.

Sorry to hear that Number, im going to order the MCtar17 replica and pray the force I can use my 7.4lipos :lol: if not, I will build patience until someone decides to make an aftermarket outer barrel like the ones from regular AEGs, which are thinner than the ones featured in the SOPMOD/SOCOM...

Which lipos are you trying to fit number5? 11.1v?

Edited by Isamu

Sorry to hear that Number, im going to order the MCtar17 replica and pray the force I can use my 7.4lipos :lol: if not, I will build patience until someone decides to make an aftermarket outer barrel like the ones from regular AEGs, which are thinner than the ones featured in the SOPMOD/SOCOM...

Which lipos are you trying to fit number5? 11.1v?

7.4 V lipos. It was a 1200 mah batt which I bought to fit into the KAC rail, 130x10x13 (off the top of my head)

The ones I regularly use are 7.4 v 2200 mah batts (about the same size as an small type 8.4v batt.)

I'd have to get a kingarms long batt box (PEQ 15 type) or mod a regular PEQ 15 or 16 to fit this, its the lebgth, the box is about 25 mm short. I think I could mod a small box onto the back of the PEQ to accomodate the end of the batt. Or try find smaller or different shaped Lipos, but im really wanting around the 2000 mah range.

Anyone had any experience with Lipo boxes in the PEQ 15 and 16 range. I know I could grad a PEQ2 and be fine, but I fancy a small PEQ box.

Edited by Number5

Its weird so small lipo doesnt fit with the groove the SOCOM has in the barrel... you are making me loose my faith in this rhino lipo... =( http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7312&Product_Name=Rhino_1750mAh_2S_7.4v_20C_Lipoly_Pack

Well, when i get the mctar rail, i will tell you people :)

hey ! its not welcome to the club till the gun arrives and he gets that excited felling after having paid much monies and dollar! welcome to the club has to be earned with sacrifice! :P

Also guys if you check out my site i have now got those GOLD sopmod contact bars and hard stock pieces in stock for the sopmod m4 / CQB.

If your one of those that pre ordered you probably should get them quick.