Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Anak,

The link you provided say that they are made by Echigoya. Echigoya has been making a number of custom items for the blow back, so maybe this is one of those items.

I spoke to them once about their batteries, and they told me that they buy Tokyo Marui batteries, gut them, throw out the plastic battery box, add a cell, and put them in a new battery shell. Hence the price. Maybe they are doing the same here... gutting a P-mag and replacing the internals with the M4 mags. Would explain the nearly 100 US price tag :(

I found this, but it's not Japanese so maybe not the same thing...

Here is a guy that made his own...

http://kyon2ctu.militaryblog.jp/e109590.html

Found It.

The description explains that they did in fact modify P-mags to fit the standard M4 mags.

It also says they only made 100 of them to start. Buy yours soon Anak

They also say it's a tight fit.

Good find Dude! those are the vids I meant!

The middle link, on the guys M4 (CQB-R) he has a VLTOR upper! so I guess that means after markets upper receivers fit then!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Glad I could find it :)

"The middle link, on the guys M4 (CQB-R) he has a VLTOR upper! so I guess that means after markets upper receivers fit then!"

Are you referring to the one with the Magpul logo? There is a comment on the post that says something about liking the magpul sticker, and you can see it is a bit crooked, so maybe it is a custom paint job. Are there other signs that it might be a VLTOR? I am unsure of what identifies it as such.

gears are a sexy and important part, if theres prometheus gears out there, theres no point buying cheaper ones... espcially since these new ones are balnced, hardened and increase torque. The hornbill are just straight copys..

If your on a budget i guess go for the hornbills but ive got loads of orders coming in for the prometheus gear sets even at 85 quid!

Glad I could find it :)

"The middle link, on the guys M4 (CQB-R) he has a VLTOR upper! so I guess that means after markets upper receivers fit then!"

Are you referring to the one with the Magpul logo? There is a comment on the post that says something about liking the magpul sticker, and you can see it is a bit crooked, so maybe it is a custom paint job. Are there other signs that it might be a VLTOR? I am unsure of what identifies it as such.

Stupid me, that will teach me to post before I look properly! now I look again its just a regular Sopmod upper! DOH!

:shutup:

A quick follow up on my earlier post where I was getting +50fps over spring rating with a bunch of Laylax internals, firefly hop and prommy 603. Refitted with the original spring before a skirmish, getting consistent 340fps. Put around 2000 rounds through it over the course of the day, left it for a couple more weeks, still shooting 340fps consistently! Bit odd but can't complain. Getting just shy of 14 rps at the same time (on 8.4v NiMH). Hopefully it'll be shooting a bit more accurately now it's had a chance to bed in, rounds were going all over the place at the start of the day.

A quick follow up on my earlier post where I was getting +50fps over spring rating with a bunch of Laylax internals, firefly hop and prommy 603. Refitted with the original spring before a skirmish, getting consistent 340fps. Put around 2000 rounds through it over the course of the day, left it for a couple more weeks, still shooting 340fps consistently! Bit odd but can't complain. Getting just shy of 14 rps at the same time (on 8.4v NiMH). Hopefully it'll be shooting a bit more accurately now it's had a chance to bed in, rounds were going all over the place at the start of the day.

Im not being rude but your not getting 340fps on a stock TM spring... no matter what upgrades you have fit... ive done to many guns and rof tested to many as well. your chrono has to be wrong.. also we only get about 14rps on upgraded 9.6v packs or lipos so once again with all respect i have to disagree. Im sure you believe its that but its simply not possible. not on an 8.4v at 280 fps if you could do it with two chorno and maybe take a video of chronoing with the two.

isamu

The Recce has been delayed/cancelled due to licnesing issues so the whole DMR project has been delayed! but dont worry as per usual i have something else up my sleve....

The new lipo packs we are making are amazing... so much better than the old ones i made, which i unfortunaly dont have time for any more... the new ones will be in a HARD CASING! and all kinds of voltages.. 7.4v.. 9.9v.. 11.1v etc and some hard case nimh packs as an alternative to the tm packs for nimh whores.

Thanks Richard, this platform is so called to be made a DMR i cant wait for it :D

Richard have you a link to the cancelation notice at hand? Its not I care about that overpriced model, but I would like to read it, thanks

I think Im being picky, but, when I installed the 363mm guarder 6.02 TBB I noticed it didnt get to the end of the outer barrel, being this a nuisance as im used to put an o-ring between the TBB and hop chamber and between the TBB and the end of the outer barrel, to make the inner barrel more stable...

BTW: I got the firefly rubber and nub

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=FIF-PT-AEGBR&search=special&rs=firefly&catid=&cat=

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=FIF-PT-AEGHU-S&search=special&rs=firefly%20hop&catid=&cat=

These were the right ones... I hope? unsure.gif

The new lipo packs we are making are amazing... so much better than the old ones i made, which i unfortunaly dont have time for any more... the new ones will be in a HARD CASING! and all kinds of voltages.. 7.4v.. 9.9v.. 11.1v etc and some hard case nimh packs as an alternative to the tm packs for nimh whores.

So what are the current/forthcoming options on batteries then?

rear wired quick change TM battery (possibly with gold connector rails)

rear wired deans with lipos or nicad

front wired... is there enough room between standard ris and barrel for some thin lipos?

front wired... is there enough room between standard ris and barrel for some thin lipos?

yeah youve still got all those custom optionsbut not ever sopmod owners ready to tear up is sopmod for a different look.

The new batterys are the same idea as my previous quick change batterys except this time ive out sourced it to someone who can produce the hard casing needed.

now that we have an ultra thin hard casing to contain the batterys, glue isnt an issue anymore which set my previous packs back..

This simply means now youll be able to get the 2s2p lipo pack just like before except its better and i can selll them in a larger amount.

No more waiting weeks for a pack etc...

cant wait to show you the finished pack.

umm dstole, that info came from T, from echigoya. i call him Mr T for short ... ;) So track him down and beat him for information...

Kong Power 7.4V x 1100 Twin packs will fit in the DD Ris Replica and in the Sopmod standard RIS.

Ive got something to make you jizz in your pants..

Straight from secret agent MR T in underground tokyo, possibly triad... he must have broke into secret marui labs for this info...

"Im sorry i missed this message.

Yes systema PTW is made in Japan, before the TM sopmod came in the market ,Systema PTW was popular here.when the TM sopmod released in the market everybody was shifting to TM sopmod so that's the scenario here.

yes TM will be releasing more recoil AEG, like mp5,m14, type96 and magpul AEG FPG (royalty/license/patent is now being process)."

m14... and mp5 makes me smile!

I sincerely hope the new model EBBr's feature bolt-locking or atleast bolt cutoff like the current EBBr M4 line does.

Real life 9mm Mp5s don't have bolt lock/release functionality.

In other news, what is this: http://www.mojji.com/jp/fax/fax4380.htm

New nozzle from firefly?

Just bought a Sopmod CQB-R, and will be converting it to a 16" Diemaco SFW/L119A1. I`ll have the outer barrel cut down to 10", rethreaded, and then use the Pro-Arms barrel extention. I plan to keep it rear-wired, and use a 7.4 lipo with deans, stored in a pouch fixed to the stock. Any better suggestions?

Also planing to use the same upgrades as piggeh mentioned a few pages back. Or would I be better off with the same parts from Prometheus?

Firefly Soft Hop Rubber

Firefly Flat Hop Nub

Prometheus 407 mm inner barrel

Laylax Piston Head

Laylax Sealing Nozzle

Laylax Cylinder Head

Laylax Hard Cylinder

Laylax Spring Guide

Guess I will have to change the gears as well.

Will a M85 spring from Eagle6 along with theese upgrades get me within the 330-350 fps range? as there is a 350 fps limit for full auto in Norway. If not, any other suggestions for a spring?

Btw, does anyone know if the new locking ring from Laylax is yet for sale? Could not find it anywhere.

Edit: Finally, will the Smart Control Unit be of any use? And will it fit?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Misc_Gearbox_Parts_Airsoft_Systems_Smart_Control_Unit.htm

Edited by arne71