Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

most ppl suggest installing a preci barrel and a lot of ppl also agree that fireflys hop up bucking and nub are a great upgrade. I have both the bucking and nub as well as a prometheus 6.03 precision inner barrel and this works great in my sopmod! :)

Stick with the stock hop bucking and stop inner barrel. They work great. If you're playing outdoors, the wind and the weight of BBs have more say in accuracy than how tight your inner barrel is (specially of its only .03mm or a hair of a difference).

Run the gun as is.

With a Firefly (Hard) hop bucking, I lost 5-9 FPS. Sticking the TM hop bucking back in got me the original FPS reading.

Thanks to both!

for this moment I will take the gun as it is, and when I will have money to do it, I will buy a pdi's precision barrell and a firefly soft rubber!;)!

Okay it has been awhile, lets hear some rounds report. How many rounds through the gun so far stock or modified spring ONLY(not interested in the amount of rounds after changing out the bushings/gear sets).

About to pull the trigger but need to know if it has the same immortal tm internals.

Edited by Singuy

I think weve been over this its a rock solid gun for at least a year or 2's worth of shooting.

Unfortunatly the gun needs maintance.

1. The locking ring on the stock tube, NEEDS to be tight. If this comes loose at any point. STOP Firing and dont use the gun. What people do is they keep firing on game day, they fit a sling mount on a stock gun, it moves and loosens the stock tube and then over time the stock tube threads get eaten. Once this happens the gun suffers a whole host of problems its difficult to ever recover from it without replacing the stock tube / lower recevier. Save your self some money buy a stock tube wrench from laylax.

2. Vibrations, it will loosen the screws, you should loctite all screws, either blue, or red loctite before use when you first get the gun.

3. Front sligns tend to pull on the front ris and sight, over time this also can loosen the front sight or RIS. Then people get the aforementioned wobble.

4. the stock tube cap works its self loose cuaseing the recoil weight to have to much movment and potentially lock ups.

These are all simple mods and with a 10 min of effort when you get the gun you can prevent long term issues.

Brand new these guns are amazing, but if you get a broken item or wear due to the high tollerances it doesnt like it!

If thats all maintained after every game. Along with an occasional mag cleaning when they have issues. you will not have any issues.

Eventually the sector gear will wear down on the release tooth, ive not seen any one use a sopmod enough yet to warrent replacing it. And ive been working on them for 2 years.

You should come down again mate, I play all sorts of sites really so I think Ive settled on the SOPMOD... I think lol

Took on some uni courses, till march. combined with the eagle6 repairs, ive had to cut back on the softing, i feel bad going when i could be getting someones gun done or putting in someover time to buy in more parts. Ive got about a year of hard slog with e6 i figured as much. Hopefully then we will be ordering in larger amounts to make things a little less constant effort.

I really want to build up to keeping some ready modded guns in stock, imagine 1 or 2 of every next gen gun in stock, with all the parts to match = mucho dollar. Dont get me wrong some people like doing it them selves but in my experience if someone could buy a complete ready to go package they would rather do that.

we will get there in the end.