Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

after trying the magic box stuff and not getting on well with it, poor fitment etc... i really really wouldnt recommend anything other than prometheus parts...

either fit nice fitting proemtheus parts or leave it with the standard TM parts.

I just hate when companys make these parts for the sake of it, they dont check for fitment etc

The prometheus stuff isnt just stronger you pay for a better fit, and they usually will do something like offer a better seal, or faster operation, when you buy other brands, all you get is "made out of metal"...

Tm or promy... its a crime fitting anything else on guns which are well .. expensive..

With regards the firefly stuff, i really do love the hop rubbers and flat nub system, so i would be willing to give there nozzle a go also... i like there stuff they think outside of the box.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Hey guys, now I'm not certain if I'm reading this right (from the Arms magazine Dec edition), but in Laylax's page on their next gen parts, it says MUR Type 1 :D. Unfortunately the pic they put up is somewhat generic and they coupled it together with a regular AEG lower receiver. Which makes me wonder if the wording is wrong or the picture is wrong. The RRP is Y25,000 (approx USD$306). Street price would be cheaper.

Meanwhile, their piston is still a picture diagram, not a photo - so I guess the piston's not available yet.

and laylax is producing a whole upper receiver ?

interesting.. i guess they got tired of waiting for others to do it.

i was really hoping g&p would pick up the torch, im fitting there m16 front end kit atm and its nice but a pain in the *albartroth* if its not made specifically for the sopmod.

Its interesting as well that they arnt doing the lower as well! since thats the part people break the most!

If its just the upper receiver, its more expensive than the freakin' RS upper !?

Reckon that's expensive :P? I'm about to order TM's lower receiver and buffer tube only and that's coming up to USD$240 :D. This is pot metal of which over time will wear on me again. So in restrospect these prices are very consistent.

On the other hand, if people do think it's expensive, there's always the option just looking and not of not buying :D.

CQB-R turned up today, guess I'm in the club. ;) Much prefer the EMOD stock on it - space for a couple of CR123's, mount point for QD stud and the entire battery assembly is covered by the rear buttplate, rather than being part buttplate, part battery like the sodmod.

Just trying to determine if there's a way to use existing lipo battery (which just fits) without having to do a rewire. I'm a little reluctant to start messing about soldering on a brand new gun...

Got my first aeg, a sopmod :D coming through the post soon and having read this whole thread has been very informative and from i can see its best to buy and add the following to make it less prone to failures:

Prometheus gold connector bar

First Factory hard stock block

First Factory hard locking ring

First Factory wrench

So is there any more bits that i should add to the list to make it more reliable? Also has any one had any experiences buying items from Echigoya (http://echigoya-guns.com/) overseas.

Cheers