Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

I got a fully internally upgraded Sopmod. Nozzle, spring guide, piston head, cylinder head......

Just received the M90 spring from Richard today. How many coils of the spring will I have to remove to get it just below 300 fps?

There is a limit of 300 fps for cqb in Norway.

Edited by arne71

I'd definitely be after one of those hop units if anyone UK is planning on getting them in.

Eagle 6 battery turned up today. Outstanding! The gun is transformed. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" certainly holds true. Can't wait to try it on Sunday!

a couple of coils i wouldnt go any more arnie. Try that first then post the results. Its linear so it should still remain consistant even after a cut.

Great news on the battery.. I mean it was grreat in testing but you never know when you send them out into the wild...

Remind me soon i ve got some downloadable charging instructions...

So my tech installed the Eagle6 m100 spring I bought in my SOCOM yesterday. Now when firing the gun, the motor whines very loudly (much more so than before). For anyone who's done the same upgrade (spring only), is this normal? If so, what would be the best way to reduce the noise of the motor? I'd be willing to replace the motor for a better one, if that's what it would take.

Although other than the motor whining, the gun is shooting great! It went from an average of 296 fps to an average of 339. Now my gun will perform better in woodland skirmishes, yet still be shooting under the 350 fps limit that the CQB arena opening up near me will have. I'm definitely satisfied with the spring.

After nearly a year of procrastinating I’ve decided to jump on the recoil/ebb bandwagon.

My dilemma is that I like to theme my kit to the 1990’s period, which means that the crane stock is out of the question (I don’t like them anyway) but I want a KAC style RAS.

Am I better off buying the SOCOM, replacing the stock with the earlier type and fitting a TM/G&P etc RAS or getting the SOPMOD, front wiring and replacing the stock? Either route will require a li-po inside the RAS or a PEQ-2 for a conventional battery.

My dilemma is that I like to theme my kit to the 1990’s period, which means that the crane stock is out of the question (I don’t like them anyway) but I want a KAC style RAS.

Am I better off buying the SOCOM, replacing the stock with the earlier type and fitting a TM/G&P etc RAS or getting the SOPMOD, front wiring and replacing the stock? Either route will require a li-po inside the RAS or a PEQ-2 for a conventional battery.

I had the same problem and the SOCOM is the way to go. I've changed the handguards and fitted a small lipo in a real KAC RAS.

Changing the handguard and stock on a SOCOM: 10 minute job at most

Changing the stock and front wiring a SOPMOD: Hours of hard work and misery *possible slight exaggeration

Save yourself the pain mate, and with the SOCOM being cheaper you'll probably end up spending less overall even after buying a KAC rail.

Work on lots a sopmods, you tend to find out ;) Theres rules in airsoft, x + y = general area of the problem.

The stock marui sopmod ie nothing modded to it, never been opened, i removed the wiring while keeping the stock tube in place. I then wound it in by 1 - 2 turns. So out of the factory box the stock position is all the way in tight then wind out 1 or 2 turns. Im all about the details.

Most people never check that as the first time they take the gun apart they are taking it apart, they would never think to wind it in first just to see if it can or not.

Edited by Richard Y

Lol yea well im a lazy *bramston pickle* so i did a lil of my own investigating....

Pro-Arms Tradition Magazine Adaptor for Marui New Generation M4 SOPMOD AEG

Only 13 bills...not a bad investment

but as others have said unfortunatly this little gizzmo deactivates the "mag empty lock" which from my point of view is one of the most important functions on the SOCOM/SOPMOD"s and with out it it looses its title as the best EBB on the market ;) and becomes just the same as the other blow backs on the market . :(