Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

So fixing this is definitely going to require the gearbox coming out of the lower receiver? That's the one thing I'd been diligently avoiding so far.. ah well.

I'm a bit annoyed to be honest because all I've ever touched is stuff on the upper and this thing has barely seen 1k rounds through it. Plus that mechanism is fairly well protected by the surrounding of the GB shell and the lower I'd have thought, first thing I've had go wrong on any of my TMs though so it can be forgiven.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

its a werid one, it just sticks in the contacts. Try banging the side of the gun it may jog it loose enough for a quick fix, it if it doest it a lot, youll have to go in and just open them up a little, even try polishing them a little to make them smoother. tm addsa lot of grease around that area for a smoother action.

ahaha nice work, loving the pics..

Guns are looking good, more than happy to see an ak pic, they are extremely underated with the sopmod getting the attention.

oddly likeing the tan one, i didnt thing i would but looks nice!

Watch that sling mount in the first pic they have a tendancy to work the locking ring loose might be worth a 1 a month check up just to make sure its tight, precautionary only and all that.

thanks for the advice rich, im planning on changing the locking rings in the near future but i will keep ontop of it wit the checking

the ak is amazing, as all of my marui recoils are, but with one of your springs fitted and a 7.4v lipo in there it really comes alive! like you say very understated, but im actually looking for a 74n now to complete my armoury

the cqb-r i was worried about clour wise before it arrived, in all the pics ive seen it looks real plasticy but when i opened the box i was really pleased with how it actually looked in person, just gotta wait for my new optics and rail covers to arrive and im all set!

Evike is aggressively pricing the SOCOM, look at the difference! http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=33794

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=364_67_534&products_id=4249

I had to pay 525$ for my SOPMOD... this seems crazy.

That's a crazy price! I notice they are now "out of stock". So I guess they were either clearance items or it was a mistake.

Ahaha nah not me, my monies tied up with 100 other things. Wish I could that was cheaper than what it cost them. Evike recoil giveaway lol . I unfortunately don't order much from the states there's a massive customs charge on well anything. It's much more reasonable from else where, I guess they still think the exchange rate is actually good.

I guess we can all dream of tm reducing there guns to that sort of price.

Lol at some point on the long list of bits I'm trying to stock might be quicker ordering through echigoya they stock them too.

I really need to bulk order some Sopmod packs and im getting some sexy new hi torque motors in soon. Just right for the Sopmod.

The elements pinion was a little wide it wouldn't fit with out some dremeling which I can't expect every one to do, so I've had to source an alternative.

I have two V2 recoil rifles. On the first the bolt lock mechanism has never worked. When the magazine is empty, the rifle continnues to fire.

Btw all my magazines are set in 82 rd mode.

When I received the second rifle I noticed that the bolt catch stood erected from the receiver (like it should) when the rifle had an empty magazine inserted. However I haved not fired this rifle yet, as I`m waiting for my airsmith to wire it the way I want it.

I have switched magazines between the two rifles, but to no effect. Status quo for both rifles. This leads me to belive that the problem lies with the rifle and not with the magazines.

Any solutions for this problem?

Edited by arne71

I have two V2 recoil rifles. On the first the bolt lock mechanism has never worked. When the magazine is empty, the rifle continnues to fire.

Btw all my magazines are set in 82 rd mode.

When I received the second rifle I noticed that the bolt catch stood erected from the receiver (like it should) when the rifle had an empty magazine inserted. However I haved not fired this rifle yet, as I`m waiting for my airsmith to wire it the way I want it.

I have switched magazines between the two rifles, but to no effect. Status quo for both rifles. This leads me to belive that the problem lies with the rifle and not with the magazines.

Any solutions for this problem?

Easy way of starting the process of elimination, just stick your finger in the mag well and see if you can push on the little actuating lever for the bolt lock, if it's stuck then there's your problem. Sounds the most likely thing to me seeing as the mags make it work properly in your new gun.

@Hatchet:

Isamu is correct, they haven't really changed the 'system' of the HU take down.

It needs a bit of force since the stock TM innerbarrel and the HU rubber sit very very tight inside the HU unit.

You're not wrong! Spare hop unit turned up today already in bits, so I can see how it comes apart/goes together. Stuck a normal systema hop and an AK length barrel in it and it is tight as... well, a very tight thing indeed. Think it's going to need silicon spray to get it in there properly.

Edited to add - In a shocking outbreak of common sense, I loosely chucked it together beforehand and discovered the barrel is too long *before* I spent 30 mins wrestling with a hop. Madness I tell you!

Edited by Hatchet