Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

Its a Magpul PTS B.A.D Lever Version for WE GBB, Systema PTW. (Don't get the WA GBB and G&P version),

Fire-support sell them.

Also i've been told that the real steal doesn't fit either due to the arm is slightly short, Going through the trigger area.

It works great, Speeds the Reload time i found when playing without leaving my trigger figure, and removing my supported hand.

You my find that the recoil will shake it out for non-firing mode when mag is empty. This is coz its on super tight. Ease off slightly and it works fine.

I didn't feel it was in the way or me hitting the mag release. Another awesome bit of kit. flamed.gif

Rich, Did some looking, Understanding Airsoft Gearbox 1-8 versions. Really interested in the new Version 2 that will have a Electronic Control Unit or (Mosfit) kind to replace the trigger switch. Do you think the Tokyo Marui will make and put in there new guns? Where did you find the infomation that this could happen, or do you think this is the way for new airsoft guns? I'm Waiting for the Tokyo Marui Show in Q1/Q2. Be interesting what comes next. yikes.gif

Edited by kithooton
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

yeah i mean the stealth fet or ecu as like to call it hehe

The stealth FET is more than a mosfet, and does have timing in single only mode, exactly like the ptw unit, it "senses" the gears coming round and cuts off the power.. Also it has the electronic trigger.

Electronic control unit, a unit which electronically controls the gun.. which it is, and i thinks a much better description as people need to know its more than a simple fet.

It does have some features like low battery detection. at a certain point it will simply not work rather than struggling to fire. Over volatage protect say for instance your mix up your - +.

The only thing it doesnt have is an control in full auto.. but you dont neeed control in full auto.

What you need is the unit to fire and stop insingle at predetermined exact intervals which this does.. exactly the same ever time. Its only variaation comes after a full auto use, it will take 1 single shot to "reset" the system thenfrom then on its start and stop from the same point which is a non compressed state just before pickup.

Edited by Richard Y

Thanks for that - sounds promising.

Yeah - does sound more than a 'FET. It would be a good idea to rename it as an ECU, so that it has some equivalance in people's minds to what a PTW can do - given that that's the benchmark in the area of trigger control.

Good luck with it :)

Edited by The Reptile House

it looks a lot smaller and compact, its obviously a different design so i guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it, im certainly not going to drop my gun in water and see if it still works lol like i say the unit has circuit protection, so it should shut down and save its self if theres a problem.

Edited by Richard Y

its tighter and harder.. Basically the TM one can distort under a lot of strain from the stock wrench and then skip a thread.. have you ever had a screw which never seems to tighten.. kinda the same thing..

Its preventative, if you have nothing wrong with your stock tube threads nows a good time to get one so that nothing ever does happen to them.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I've been pushing DYTac for some time now to get into the TM EBB aftermarket parts making, and they're finally coming out with outer barrels for it:

http://www.dytactical.com/Outer%20Barrels/OB04/Product%20-%20Airsoft%20Parts%20-%20Outer%20Barrels%20-%20Marui%20EBB.html

Outer barrels in silver or black in 7.5", 10.5", 12", 14.5", 16", 18", and 20" lengths in the Noveske straight profile, and 10.5" and 14.5" barrels in the Milspec stepped profile.

DYTac was asking me what other external components were high on the wish list for TM M4 EBB users. Suggestions? Receivers? stock tube assemblies?

What Richardy said, they need to be good quality or cheap, otherwise user will just buy the TM ones.

Receivers are what i will most want when i get my sopmod. by the way, what difference will a new buffertube make- why does it need changing?

I think a big think for me would be new stocks, im not to keen on the vltor one or the sopmod stnadart one.

i realise due to the batteries the designing may be hard though but maybe they could mount the battery sideways?- or am i being stupid?

Marcus

Hey chaps. got hold of some bits for my sopmod today and set about fitting em, new spring and a cqb barrel from richard :)

anyways, changeover went all good until i slid the top and bottom receivers back together, went to pop the pin back in and noticed the holes didn't quite align. Spent a while trying to force it, eventually settled on filling the pin ever so slightly so that it'd pop in. The holes were out by maybe 1/4 of a mm, tiny, but just enough to be a pain.

anyone have any ideas what caused this? previous times i took it apart it went back together fine. And i tried reassembly without the inner barrel and hop just incase it was the new barrel pushing everything back.

it's cool now, am just curious why it happened. Just waiting on a few more bits for it to arrive then i'll post a pic :D